What Does JA Mean To You?

Anything goes here folks... just keep it somewhat clean ;)

What Does JA Mean To You?

Postby Dormouse on Thu May 22, 2008 4:42 pm

JA music is one of the most important things in my life!

To begin with, their music represents revolution and freedom of Thought. It means rebellion in the face of the Big Brother world today. It also holds the promise that people can make a difference and work to create a better society.

Share what you think of the Airplane here!
Last edited by Dormouse on Thu May 22, 2008 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tune In
Turn On
Drop Out
Dormouse

Re: What Does JA Mean To You?

Postby Dormouse on Thu May 22, 2008 5:29 pm

Last edited by Dormouse on Fri Oct 23, 2009 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tune In
Turn On
Drop Out
Dormouse

Postby Dormouse on Thu May 22, 2008 6:03 pm

Sorry my friend(s), you can't get rid of me that easily!
By the way, KingArthur, welcome to the forum!
Tune In
Turn On
Drop Out
Dormouse

Postby Dormouse on Thu May 22, 2008 6:08 pm

Last edited by Dormouse on Fri Oct 23, 2009 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tune In
Turn On
Drop Out
Dormouse

Postby Dormouse on Thu May 22, 2008 6:16 pm

Keep fighting the good fight KA! It is nice to have a new member on board.
Tune In
Turn On
Drop Out
Dormouse

Postby Dormouse on Thu May 22, 2008 7:29 pm

Chasin-Destiny wrote:The Good Ol' Days from this forum are gone and history,
just like the Jefferson Airplane. WHY ? i am asking EVERYBODY WHY ?

I feel a need to do this, because i like this little forum !
PLEASE, read some posts from the past PLEASE !
Don't look & read ONLY about some drugshit here !

WHAT is the main reason why people are gone ???
I wish i would know it.

WHY did people complain about that sticky ?
(For Grace Only...)

I have never had a problem with the Grace topic. I swear, it was never an issue. I thought is was a good idea, and I don't know where you are getting that feeling. I do recall some members saying you had a Grace obsession, but not I wasn't one of them. Most would say I had a Grace obsession too!

But as for the question of why people are gone, it wasn't fair to blame it on you, and I apologize for it. I did not come here to promote drug use! That is a stupid reason to join a forum. Ever since I joined, I have hardly never talked about drugs before this conflict, except for a few posts in the LSD Opinion topic by DonRico (I still stand by what I wrote there, so you can read them if you wish).

When I hear someone attacking drugs unnecessarily, as you have done repeatedly, I feel I must come to the defense because I view it as attacking the Airplane. That is why I had a problem with what you were writing. You have been accusing me of implying that "this forum is only for drug users". That is not the case at all. I don't feel that Airplane is only for drug users either. In fact, I don't use drugs, I just hear about what they were like in the sixties. That is all. I am curious about your thoughts on these questions:
Do you think that this forum should only be for people that do not use drugs? I would assume you would say no, but correct me if I'm wrong.
Do you think I should leave the forum? I would hope you would say no, because I don't feel you should leave the forum.

Again, my position here is not to promote drugs, but to promote the Airplane. If someone speaks badly about the Airplane, I get defensive and things escalate. When I see the type of stuff you write about drugs and the people who take them (like when you are referring me), I can't help but feel that you are including the Airplane in your attack. I know this is not the case, but I still don't know why you deem it necessary to attack the use of drugs. If you read something that you disagree with, just ignore it. Not everyone thinks the same way. We have a different opinion of the subject. That is all. We both like the Airplane, and that is what matters for this forum.
Tune In
Turn On
Drop Out
Dormouse

Postby Bernt on Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:11 pm

Hi.

When I heard JA for the first time it wasnt rythm n blues to me. So it must have been the lyrics that really made some of the songs unforgetable. Love is free. Humans taking a stand - I think - is like trees waving with green and elastic branches in the wind and streching towards the shining sun.

Later on I returned to JA and again found the lyrics worth singing out loud - getting older year by year I gained more self confidence in being a human alive for now and not bound by society or the knowledge from the past - also the tunes became familiar.

I noticed that the 22 years sunspot cycle ended last year, and in the start of 2008 there was a short pause, and now we humans on earth - depending on the sunshine like I do - are starting all over again. Then the earth moves me again :D

Im new here - my computer knows what to do - see if I can get us out of http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0120789/ ehhh Pleasantville and into the colors of love :)
Bernt

Postby psychhead on Sat Aug 30, 2008 6:23 pm

It means rebellion in the face of the Big Brother world today.

Blows to the f**kin' Empire forever. Grace knew how to "piss in their faces" for sure. She taught me to "question authority" everywhere HAVING GOOD SOUND fun AT THE SAME TIME!.....THANK YOU GRACE AND JA!!! Love you forever!! :)

Rob
Psychedelic music is IN with time!!
psychhead

Postby Susan Butcher on Sat Aug 30, 2008 9:33 pm

"Rock and roll is here to stay, it will never die. It was meant to be that way, though I don't know why." - Danny and the Juniors, 1958. Ancient history, perhaps, and put very crudely, but JA had that evangelical thing going, too. It's an important part of their magic.
"I ain't got the blues no more I said"
Susan Butcher

Postby IneedaBonghit on Fri Oct 17, 2008 3:26 pm

I originallly thought of the Jefferson Airplane as a sex, drugs, and rock and roll band. I thought there was not anything real interesting about the band. Just mostly youthful rebellion
music.

But one day I realized the Jefferson Airplane had flown right over my head. :oops:

Now I think Jefferson Airplane is a massive acid trip gone funky that's playing different tunes, if you include with it the Happy family known as Starship. :shock:

Jack
Getting reborn isn't easy. It's like hitting the reset switch of a computer, or getting hit by a wrecking ball. My life is rebooting...:)
IneedaBonghit

Postby EmbryonicRabbit68 on Fri Aug 14, 2009 5:31 pm

Jefferson Airplane means to me...Music, Love and Freedom.And also added to my belief that the "normal" is the abnormal.
Hide, Witch, Hide!
The Good Folks come to Burn Thee
Their Keen Enjoyment hid Behind
The Gothic Mask of Duty!
EmbryonicRabbit68

Postby bear melter420 on Fri Aug 14, 2009 6:03 pm

JA to me is about freedom, about life, about a new and interesting way of thinking. society often tells us how they want us to think or how they want us to act, where JA tells us to think what WE want and to act how WE want, whether that is "normal" or not. insanity is the only sane response to an insane society, and that's what I think the airplane was about.
"A man came along, with a rain jacket on, a big long gun in his hand"
bear melter420

Postby plasticfantastic on Sat Sep 26, 2009 11:00 pm

To me, Jefferson Airplane is just one of many symbols of a time that I (unfortunately) couldn't live through, and I REEEEEEALLY wish I had.

Why, oh why couldn't I have lived in the 60s? I am in the wrong generation, my friends.
Trouble in mind, lord I'm blue
But I won't be blue always
The sun's gonna shine in my door,
Shine in my back door someday
plasticfantastic

Location: Sunny California, not San Francisco though. If only...

Postby EmbryonicRabbit68 on Sun Sep 27, 2009 1:58 am

Oh, you are not alone...
Hide, Witch, Hide!
The Good Folks come to Burn Thee
Their Keen Enjoyment hid Behind
The Gothic Mask of Duty!
EmbryonicRabbit68

Postby okeedoe on Sun Sep 27, 2009 3:07 am

It seems to me that you like that yellow firehelmet,boy.
okeedoe

Next

Return to Open Forums