LSD Opinion

Anything goes here folks... just keep it somewhat clean ;)

Re: LSD Opinion

Postby nostalgia on Tue Jul 29, 2008 4:56 am

hey! ok i don't know how my message sounded for you guys...but i was not saying i'd try hard drugs!!jeeeesus :shock: i may not be the smartest one, but i'm not THAT stupid, don't worry. (and yeah i know that film, it's "wir kinder vom bahnhof zoo" i was talking about, our teacher made us watch it when we were pretty young (TOO young, i thought, it kind of hit me)but "trainspotting" is even worse i think) but as i said, i'd never do something stupid, the worst i could, maybe maybe maybe try one day is weed or something, so don't worry 8)
(and when i said that "drugs fit to real artists"...well, i'm not an artist at all :lol: )
cya :mrgreen:
nostalgia

Postby nostalgia on Tue Jul 29, 2008 5:51 am

yeh don't worry :wink:
hey but i love discussions where ppl have other opinions, it's always intresting and funny, and BTW, i read the Sara discussion ( there was no need to take the words of m.g.sso personally, even though he started to write real crap, i agree, but chill, still 8) ) and i read his "life-journal"-article...as a matter of fact he IS a really weird dude :?
nostalgia

Postby Susan Butcher on Tue Aug 05, 2008 9:52 am

I happen to agree with Mr Hoffman. Once you've taken LSD, it's hard to trust a psychiatrist who hasn't. If you can trust psychiatrists at all.
Last edited by Susan Butcher on Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:27 am, edited 2 times in total.
"I ain't got the blues no more I said"
Susan Butcher

Postby Dormouse on Wed Aug 06, 2008 2:06 am

No doubt the drugs are different now. You can not trust anyone selling drugs. It is only about money now. Back then, everybody at a concert could be high on LSD, and nothing bad would happen! It was Owsley acid, not today's stuff.

Options now are to stay away from it all together, or learn the chemistry and synthesize it yourself. Since not many people have Owsley's gift for chemistry, I would recommend the former.
Tune In
Turn On
Drop Out
Dormouse

Postby V I C E on Wed Aug 06, 2008 5:35 am

remember what the dormouse said ... [cit]

you're right , imo . today drugs are much more ''poisonous'' cause they are full of useless sinthetic things .
in the 60' and 70' , ppl used drugs to feel free and to ''escape'' . now , young people ( 16 - 25 ) use drugs only to feel cooler than anyone . i've got some friends that use mdma .

i've never tried lsd , and i think i'll never do it . just some ganja , when needed .

sorry for my bad english .
V I C E

Postby Susan Butcher on Wed Aug 06, 2008 10:57 am

My dear, those conveniences you mention are so 19th Century! Apart from computers, of course, and I hate computers almost as much as television. They're a horrible waste of time and paper, and they do people out of creative jobs, too. Radio and aeroplanes, on the other hand, seem quite magical inventions, except aeroplanes often carry bombs. So I gave second place to LSD.
Susan Butcher

Postby Susan Butcher on Wed Aug 06, 2008 11:09 am

Oh, all right, antibiotics ARE important, but they're not much fun.
Susan Butcher

Postby Susan Butcher on Thu Aug 07, 2008 12:10 am

Some drugs are a waste of time. Heroin, certainly. Cocaine? I can't see what the fuss was about. Opium? It seemed to agree with William Blake. I'm not the sort of person who wants oblivion, a day chopped out of my life. I'm looking for inspiration. I don't always find it, and if I do, it takes discipline to use it creatively. Anyway, what's so evil about drooling over the carpet a couple of times a year? As for beer, I sort of like it if I'm at a party, but more than one glass makes me feel depressed. My favourite poison's made from rye mould rather than barley.
Susan Butcher

Postby Susan Butcher on Thu Aug 07, 2008 9:02 am

I live in the country. Potatoes, cows, forests, tourism, gold, extinct volcanos, mushrooms. I would never want to live in a city again. I took acid once in Melbourne in 1999, and the place was a hideous prison, the land covered in cement and tarmac. No space for plants, nowhere to shit. I do get inspiration from Nature, but it took LSD to show me it was there to be had. Perhaps you're lucky enough to see divinity without that help.
Susan Butcher

Postby IneedaBonghit on Thu Aug 07, 2008 1:06 pm

I had a brief experience with this back in the early 80's
Of the 4 hits I took, two of them were duds.
Thus leading to the conclusion that the quality was poor
due to its illegal status. In the 60's before it became illegal
the quality was better. Better chemists who had nothing
to fear could produce a better product. Once it was illegal, many of those better
chemists probably chose to work their chemistry skills legally.

So whats out there today is risky. An adult with a job and family
would not be willing to risk the results of either a poor quality dose,
or overdose which could cost them their job or family.

Taking psychedelics under legal pretenses helps remove the potential paranoia that might
induce a bad trip.

For the first 38 years I had only one moment when I could say something poetic.
That occurred during one of these trips. It was probably a low dose as I saw only one brief
hallucination and a few trails while driving. But I concluded that the reason the 60's artists
were as creative as they were was in part due to psychedelics. At the time I had falsely concluded that if I wanted to be a creative artist I would have to do plenty of LSD to enhance my creativity. So I assumed that if I did it long enough I would get caught and end up in jail or end up in a mental hospital. Thus I chose to stay away from it, and the creative arts.

It wasn't until I was 38 that I found I was a poet who didn't know it when I found myself spewing snippets of poetry without realizing it. Only I was not on any drugs outside of perhaps caffeine.
Now I see that a person has to be creative to begin with...

It definitely has spiritual benefits as well, it does help open peoples minds to spirituality. One becomes aware that there is much more to our experience in life than most people normally aware of.
My current belief is that there may be some truth in some research that the Jesus, Mary and Joseph show may have its roots
in some mushroom use. Some of the visions recorded in the Bible could be explained by mushroom use, and thus lend
authenticity to the visions seen as being true. Otherwise we would suffer the dilemma of deciding if some of the participants were schizo.

Albert Hoffmann is dead
He made LSD in his head

Jack
Getting reborn isn't easy. It's like hitting the reset switch of a computer, or getting hit by a wrecking ball. My life is rebooting...:)
IneedaBonghit

Postby Susan Butcher on Thu Aug 07, 2008 1:55 pm

Jack, you're obviously a sensible man! My brother, who is married and has a regular day job, once asked me about LSD, and I said if he was reasonably happy with his life as it was he shouldn't try it. This hasn't anything to do with the drug's lack of quality, just the possibility of upsetting insights. I took the plunge when I was badly depressed, I got worse, and then much better. I think the message was "create if you want to be happy."
Susan Butcher

Postby Susan Butcher on Thu Aug 07, 2008 2:09 pm

Australia is full of beautiful animals, but dogs and foxes are a threat to the rarer ones. I'm English, I love foxes, but what can you do?
Susan Butcher

Postby IneedaBonghit on Thu Aug 07, 2008 3:10 pm

I thought that Jesus, Mary and Joseph show comment would raise an eyebrow :|
I think to know for sure you would have just had to be there.

Jack
Getting reborn isn't easy. It's like hitting the reset switch of a computer, or getting hit by a wrecking ball. My life is rebooting...:)
IneedaBonghit

Postby Dormouse on Thu Aug 07, 2008 10:14 pm

Honestly, I don't think that Christianity is based upon mushroom or LSD trips. They don't have that horrible of side effects!
Tune In
Turn On
Drop Out
Dormouse

Postby Dormouse on Thu Aug 07, 2008 10:17 pm

Chasin-Destiny wrote:The wild Australian dog, the dingo. Just big shit a lot of aussies see 'm as something
just to kill for fun and some $. I think even their government gives some $ for a dead dingo.
(or it was in the past ?)

I could be wrong, but I also heard that until relatively recently, there was similarly a cash award for killing Aborigines. Anyone else heard this?
Tune In
Turn On
Drop Out
Dormouse

PreviousNext

Return to Open Forums