Inspiration

Thoughts, ideas, memories, you name it! Share your favorite stories, albums, tracks and more.

Inspiration

Postby EDIcT on Tue Mar 08, 2005 1:39 pm

I just turned 18 and I'm the biggest fan of Jefferson Airplane. It's somewhat of a calling I'd say...it was acctually through my father, my history teacher, my school reports and Hunter S. Thompson's Fear and Loathing combined that made me go crazy for J.A.

It just shows, good music goes on forever.

I wish I was there to see them all playing live
EDIcT

Re: Inspiration

Postby psychhead on Mon Apr 18, 2005 12:37 pm

Hi!! If you're back here, I'd like to congrat myself with ya for your musical insight!!!!! Just one more thing: I sure hope your history teacher also told you about what was ETERNALLY written on Woody Guthrie's guitar!!!!!!!!! Unfortunately most people have very short memories from the 80s onwards!!!!Go check!!!

Rob

EDIcT wrote:I just turned 18 and I'm the biggest fan of Jefferson Airplane. It's somewhat of a calling I'd say...it was acctually through my father, my history teacher, my school reports and Hunter S. Thompson's Fear and Loathing combined that made me go crazy for J.A.

It just shows, good music goes on forever.

I wish I was there to see them all playing live
Psychedelic music is IN with time!!
psychhead

Postby JPPMcStepBBlues on Tue Apr 19, 2005 12:31 am

What is written inside of Woody Guthrie's guitar?
If you were a cloud and you sailed up there,
You sail on water as blue as air;
You'd see me here in the fields and say,
"Doesn't the sky look green today?"
JPPMcStepBBlues

Postby jimihendrix on Thu Apr 21, 2005 7:41 pm

yeah whats written?? :P
jimihendrix

Postby Don Rico on Thu Apr 21, 2005 10:22 pm

"THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS"
Don Rico

Postby jimihendrix on Fri Apr 22, 2005 8:03 am

haha :lol:
jimihendrix

Postby Grace on Tue May 03, 2005 12:18 am

I never really had an inspiration. I just knew the song "Somebody To Love" & "White Rabbit" (both songs are very great songs! :D)
But one day I just wanted to go buy a Jefferson Airplane CD, and I got the gratest hits. It's really awesome! and now I love every song by them!
(Not even my parents know who's Jefferson Airplane is! :!: )
The Smashing Pumpkins
Grace

?

Postby psychhead on Tue May 03, 2005 12:31 pm

:D If I'm not lacking respect, may I ask how old your parents are?

Rob
psychhead

up against the wall, fred

Postby wes_pomeroys_kid on Sat May 14, 2005 11:53 am

really brilliant to see all these young ones discovering the jefferson airplane now, and to see that good music still has an impact...

i saw my first airplane concert at 12, which my parents drove me to...was then dragged off to white lake ny the next year for a festival that changed my life, and i will never forget the airplane playing that early morning at woodstock. i would say that my dad, my sister, the hog farm, father don ganoung, wavy gravy and of course the jefferson airplane can all be blamed for my persistant and compulsive social activism ever since - i can't adequately describe how much this time and particularly this band blew my mind and changed me forever...and continues on with my anarchist kids as well.

so i wanted to say, thank you grace - you are part of the reason i am the pain in the ass i am today!
wes_pomeroys_kid

Cool on ya!!!

Postby psychhead on Sun May 15, 2005 9:41 am

Right on!!! Never back down!!! Always convey to the next generation what JA meant, means and will always mean in the future!!

[Blows Against The Empire]

Rob :D 8)
psychhead

Re: up against the wall, fred

Postby Guest on Tue May 24, 2005 6:35 am

wes_pomeroys_kid wrote:really brilliant to see all these young ones discovering the jefferson airplane now, and to see that good music still has an impact...

i saw my first airplane concert at 12, which my parents drove me to...was then dragged off to white lake ny the next year for a festival that changed my life, and i will never forget the airplane playing that early morning at woodstock. i would say that my dad, my sister, the hog farm, father don ganoung, wavy gravy and of course the jefferson airplane can all be blamed for my persistant and compulsive social activism ever since - i can't adequately describe how much this time and particularly this band blew my mind and changed me forever...and continues on with my anarchist kids as well.

so i wanted to say, thank you grace - you are part of the reason i am the pain in the ass i am today!

Brilliant indeed. I think that we are in the midst of a kind of cultural explosion much like in the 60's. The high school i went to is now apparently full of longhairs while only 5 years ago it was full of mainstream, hip-hop lovin, clueless punks. I suppose this undeculture is resurfacing now because of how fuked up the world (particularly the states) has gotten in the recent past. Airplane and the ideals and feelings that they conveyed seems to be appropriate for the times. In a couple weeks Ill be going to the Bonnaroo music fest for my 3rd year in a row. I Cant imagine what woodstock was like but the kids around Bonnaroo are carrying the flame for sure. Im still awaiting THE band that can fill the present time shoes of Grace and the boys. Maybe they'll come with the times.

Postby Mekstat1 on Sat Jun 04, 2005 8:41 pm

----
Last edited by Mekstat1 on Sat Nov 19, 2005 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mekstat1

Postby freakmeout on Mon Jun 06, 2005 10:45 am

I forget how I heard of them actually...I'm only 14 so none of my friends know who they are nor do they care. I think it was while reading the book Go Ask Alice (yeah the faux druggie's diary book). One of my teachers asked if that was a Jefferson Starship song and I said "I guess so..." then I looked for them in an FYE and found Surrealistic Pillow. Forever joy!
freakmeout

Re: ?

Postby Grace on Tue Jun 14, 2005 5:08 pm

psychhead wrote::D If I'm not lacking respect, may I ask how old your parents are?

Rob

their like old :cry:
The Smashing Pumpkins
Grace

Re: ?

Postby psychhead on Tue Jun 21, 2005 12:20 am

:P Hi Grace!!! How are you??!! What I'm trying to say is that if you're parents are quite "old", and I'm talking chrono here, not spiritual (there's a BIG difference!!!!!! :evil: ), they should know JA.....perhaps not like them, but they should have at least heard of 'em. Look at me.....I'm not a teen anymore :P , but I'm not that "old" and I know bands like Velvet Revolver, The Young Heart Attack, etc. but even Fat Boy Slim and Outcasts :lol: :evil: . I mean, chrono age has NOTHING to do with good vibes!!!!!!

Rob

Grace wrote:
psychhead wrote::D If I'm not lacking respect, may I ask how old your parents are?

Rob

their like old :cry:
psychhead

Next

Return to Jefferson Airplane Discussions