LSD Opinion

Anything goes here folks... just keep it somewhat clean ;)

LSD Opinion

Postby Don Rico on Sat Mar 26, 2005 7:49 am

I remember a quote from the great freedom fighter Abbie Hoffman from his autobiography, which I read some years ago. The thought stuck in my mind...

I cannot recall the specific choice of words he used... But he expressed the view that, on a certain deep, fundamental, intrinsic level, he could never fully TRUST anyone who had never taken LSD (or tripped on psychedelics at all). It was something to do with the fact of that person being somehow afraid of themself, or of the truthful realities that a psychedelic experience, with all of it's heightened amplification of perception could engender. That such a person could never be as aware as an individual who HAD dared to cross that threshhold and stand at that perilous precipice, gaping into THE VOID and beholden to all of the unspeakable awarenesses of the clear light within. :shock:

Then again, in my OWN hallucinogenics-experimentation phase, most of the friends I used to trip with just wanted to watch the walls melt and see tracer-trails... :roll:

Discuss amongst yerselves... :D
Don Rico

Postby Fidel on Mon Mar 28, 2005 4:12 pm

Would NEVER do LSD. Ya just don't know what you're getting. Now home grown shrooms are a different matter...
Fidel

Postby Lilla on Tue Mar 29, 2005 1:08 pm

I never tried LSD so I don't know much about those experiences but I think it's not the same as it was in the 60s. Every person is different and it's very important.. The world had changed in the past few decades.... As Fidel wrote, home grown mushrooms are different things... You can't trust the LSD makers nowadays except if you're a gifted chemist and you can make your OWN dose for your own use
I don't know much about the drug laws/habits in the US but here in my little country you can't get easily drugs.

when I will be strong enough to try LSD i will do it, but I think you have to be CAREFUL in every case!
'No matter how big or soft or warm your bed is, you still have to get out of it' - Gracie
Lilla

L S D became L $ D

Postby psychhead on Tue Apr 19, 2005 9:18 am

Right on!!! At the beginning, everything was fine with LSD, then along came who-knows-who and wrecked up everything!
The day the music died!
The day LSD became L $ D.
The older folk here might remember this (inc the L $ D logo) from way back when!!!

Lilla wrote:I never tried LSD so I don't know much about those experiences but I think it's not the same as it was in the 60s. Every person is different and it's very important.. The world had changed in the past few decades.... As Fidel wrote, home grown mushrooms are different things... You can't trust the LSD makers nowadays except if you're a gifted chemist and you can make your OWN dose for your own use
I don't know much about the drug laws/habits in the US but here in my little country you can't get easily drugs.

when I will be strong enough to try LSD i will do it, but I think you have to be CAREFUL in every case!
Psychedelic music is IN with time!!
psychhead

Postby jimihendrix on Tue Apr 19, 2005 6:22 pm

wo :D
jimihendrix

the rising vibes etc etc

Postby noelpne on Fri Apr 22, 2005 3:55 pm

LSD-25 was called because Abie Hoffman the chemist in Switzerland
where it was first synthesised in 1945 - it was the twenty-fifth different
variation of the original synthesis - and the One that Worked.. :lol:

The other names that were mentioned were for different 'batches' of LSD
that the brilliant chemist called Owsley Stanley 111 ( known as 'Bear' by
the Dead Family -- [ & hence the album "Bear's Choice" ] - made around
San Francisco between about 1964 - 1970 ].

I can only speculate that the different colours for the different-coloured
'tabs' / 'doses' / 'trips' gave one different effects-personally I'd doubt that, & thinkits just because of their colour. I'd reckon it's all down to
how many 'mikes' ( microgrammes ) of the a.i. is in each unit.
noelpne

lsd

Postby whterabbit51 on Fri Apr 29, 2005 11:05 pm

loved it.....back in the 60' and 70'....
whterabbit51

Postby Grace on Tue May 03, 2005 12:56 am

I took it....at first when I tried it really wasn't what I hoped for it to be: relaxing. But It's nice :D
The Smashing Pumpkins
Grace

Postby Guest on Sun Feb 19, 2006 11:43 am

Oh you kids are a weird bunch! Wanting to re-live the 60's and 70's Wanting to take acid. You forget, there was a war, there was a draft, you had life altering choices to make, were you going to Canada? Yes, it was cool seeing the Cream, Hendrix, the Airplane, the festivals. The '68 Democratic Convention in Chicago, people getting their heads cracked open with billyclubs. The Acid was great, especially the Owsley, only $2/ hit. I did Acid about 175 times, along with shrooms, Mescaline, MDA(mescaline with amphetemine), and a whole lot of drugs I no longer remember.
Just remember, you can never go back and never go home.
Stay hungry, stay foolish. - S. Brand

Postby Old Hippie on Sun Feb 19, 2006 1:17 pm

The previous post was by me," old hippie". There was another drug named DMT. The best pot back then came from Viet Nam/ Thialand, and was shipped back in body bags with dead soldiers.
Old Hippie

Postby virgo80 on Tue Feb 21, 2006 1:23 am

Well I would try it if I could find it. :D ;) From people I've spoken to who have done it, I understand it can be a complete journey of the mind, among other things. I even remember having a discussion about it with my english teacher back in highschool (x amount of years ago hehe). Now when I think back on it, I find it a sign of the times when your teacher would talk with students about tripping on acid and having full on conversations with posters on the wall. I dare not think that they do that now.
Visit me on MySpace: http://www.myspace.com/virgo80
virgo80

Postby freakmeout on Tue Feb 21, 2006 5:26 pm

I'm interested in hearing about people's experiences, but I wouldn't do it. I'm afraid of bad trips, and also it just sounds weird. Seeing something that isn't there and you know it isn't there, but you see it and feel it and all of that. It's not for me. I think I'm already fucked in the head enough, I don't need help.
They are extremely uncomfortable with the idea that I am a teenage girl in the body of a 60 year old career criminal who has already died 16 times...
freakmeout

Postby TOR Hershman on Wed Feb 22, 2006 11:29 am

Methinks Tim Leary said something like
“LSD often brings out psychotic reactions in people that haven’t taken it.â€
Phuck Fonics
TOR Hershman

Postby Jon_G on Wed Feb 22, 2006 11:45 am

for the benefit of anyone presently undergoing a hallucinogenic experience, here are some interesting music vids to look at:

http://youtube.com/results?related=shoegaze
Jon_G

Postby Sam on Thu Feb 23, 2006 1:47 pm

I have never done LSD, I am fascinated by it, but I do not think I am ready to use it yet. I have done mushrooms a number of times, and I have found that a trip depends so strongly on the surroundings and who you are with. The only two really amazing trips I've had were on a beach on cloudy days with my friend Andy while listening to jefferson airplane (after bathing at baxter's) and the beatles (Sgt. Pepper and the magical mystery tour). Everytime I do a psychedelic I realize that there it can never be what it was in the 60's, the world has changed too much. This is not to say that it isn't an incredible experience, but I don't know if it is safe to do something as powerful as LSD.
Sam

Next

Return to Open Forums