Original Uncensored Lyrics To Run Around

Thoughts, ideas, memories, you name it! Share your favorite stories, albums, tracks and more.

Aren't you sick of polls

Especially those negative attack polls
50%
Why can't we just stick to Issues
50%

Total votes : 2

Original Uncensored Lyrics To Run Around

Postby Junior on Fri Oct 20, 2006 3:46 pm

Hi The cd of Takes Off says there are original uncensored songs. I know Running Round This World says "trips" and Let Me In says "you know where" but what could Run Around possibly say
How many fingers am I holding?
Junior

Postby craigtheairplaneman on Sun Oct 22, 2006 2:56 pm

Hello there:

I hopethis helps with your question. There are really 2 censored Airplane tunes and one false rumour. Please see below a portion from my book

"Take Me To A Circus Tent." Thank you and be well,
Craig

Circa 12/16/65 RCA Studios, Hollywood, California

Studio session for the uncensored Runnin’ Round This World.

(2:34) (Line-up 1)

1 Runnin’ Round This World 2:34 (Uncensored)
Originally this was going to be the last song on Side A of the Takes Off album. The record company did not approve of all the lyrics. The line "The nights I've spent with you have been fantastic tripsâ€
"Craig Fenton knows so much about the J.A. and Family, I was asking him the questions."
Marty Balin July 2006.

"Take Me To A Circus Tent" is here. With many 5 star reviews already!! 93 photos 543 pages!
Thanks for flying with the J.A.
craigtheairplaneman

Censored "takes Off" Songs

Postby Junior on Sun Oct 22, 2006 6:26 pm

Thanks very much for your reply! You have answered my question totally. I was so sure there could be nothing that even RCA in 1966 could have found "offensive" in the lyrics to Run Around!
I will definitely read your book! You really know your stuff :D
Junior

Jefferson Airplane song notes

Postby craigtheairplaneman on Mon Oct 23, 2006 1:01 pm

Hi Junior:

Thank you for the kind words. I am glad you got the question answered.

The book tries to give a live/unreleased studio history of the band as well as answer the terrific questions fine people like you were wondering about.

Have a great day and be well,
CF
"Craig Fenton knows so much about the J.A. and Family, I was asking him the questions."
Marty Balin July 2006.

"Take Me To A Circus Tent" is here. With many 5 star reviews already!! 93 photos 543 pages!
craigtheairplaneman

Postby psychhead on Wed Oct 25, 2006 12:44 pm

:D 8) I firmly believe that ALL songs should be UNCENSORED!!! We should CENSOR politicians instead!! :twisted: :evil: :evil: :evil:
Psychedelic music is IN with time!!
psychhead

Jefferson Censorplane

Postby craigtheairplaneman on Wed Oct 25, 2006 2:47 pm

Hi Psychhead:

Making an aritst change lyrics is bad enough but when it was for the words the Airplane used, it makes you wonder.

Have a great dall all,
cf
Marty Balin July 2006.

craigtheairplaneman

Postby Shadow_of_A_Doubt- on Thu Oct 26, 2006 8:15 pm

Its a gray area at least for me. Im completely against the rap / hip-hop artists that use drug saturated lyrics and songs degrading women and that promote violence towards others. They have no place in music. Kids are so influenced by what they hear and see in todays society. But on the other side its also a form of expression for people to be uncensored in both actions and words. By the way, a cd isnt impressive. Find an original pressing in vinyl of the TAKES OFF album with the uncensored words to LET ME IN and the deleted song Runnin Round this World and ill be impressed. It took me almost 6 years to find one in good shape. Cost a small fortune also.
Shadow_of_A_Doubt-

Jefferson Censorship Plane

Postby craigtheairplaneman on Sat Oct 28, 2006 6:35 pm

Hi Shadow Of A Doubt:

Hope you are well. It is completely understood that some lyrics would bother even the most open-minded people, but I like the choice going to the family and not the record company.

If a parent feels that some heavy metal or rap lyrics aren'r right for their child of 14, the law says it is their right to belive that.

I rather the parent make the decision then the record company. Once the person is 18, let them make up their own mind.

One danger with censorship that often is overlooked is when a record company or a person that has no clue what the song means decides to tell the wrong story to the public. The most famous case was during the hearings we had in the USA in the 1980's a song by Twisted Sister-Under The Blade was put on the horrible evil terrible destoy the world list. Slight problem though, it was about a member having surgery.

So much right or wrong comes from a good home. I listen to this day from Beatles to Zappa, Airplane to ELP, Cream to Yardbirds and never used drugs, I don't smoke or drink.

All be well and have a great weeeeeeekendddddd,
Airplane Man (Wanting the book to be out :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: )
Marty Balin July 2006.

craigtheairplaneman

Postby Shadow_of_A_Doubt- on Tue Oct 31, 2006 12:29 pm

Hello craig, You are right on many points of this, but as you probably remember as a kid, if your parents told you not to, you probably did. I remember driving from by San Francisco to Reno, Nevada to sit in on the trial of Rob Halford from Judas Priest after a boys parents sued the band claiming their boy killed himself after listening to The Sad Wings of Destiny. The case got tossed out of couer based on the fact that in the judges eyes a song cant influence someone to end their life. Twisted Sister was not alone in the 80s fighting Tipper Gores lynchmob called the Parents Music Resourse Center ( PMRC ). Prince , Motley Crue, Kiss Shelia Escavito ( Shelia E ) were all being judged for song lyric contect. Dee Snyder represented the musicans in front of the US Congress and blew them all away. Showing he wasnt another stupid heavy metal stoner guitar player. He gave a 40 minute handwriten speech to the US Senate more or less calling Tipper Gore and her band of rag-tag parents ignorant and foolish. If you dont like it, dont listen to it, but dont stop the masses that do want it. the US Senate went with it and Tipper left with her tail between her legs. Neither side claimed victory over censorship. Gores PMRC didnt get what they wanted.....Song censorship, But the music industry didnt get complete victory either. Hence why, today labels are puut on cd's and albums in case explecit content is there. Which in my humble opinion only encourages young people to want to buy the cd even more. Just to see what " Explecit Content " Prince made on whatever song. Or what is on that Motley Crue album that is so offensive. Both sides settled on these labels but the music industry represented by Dee Snyder I think came out on the winning end of it all. A perfect waste of US tax dollars I think. These are the very parents that sued Ozzy Osbourne for his " Suiside Soultion " claiming it motivated young people to end their own lives when actually the song ( Clearly Audiable ) is about Ozzy's own alcohol abuse. He Tells his listeners not to drink or abuse alcohol or various pitfalls will happen sooner or later. This like the Judas Priest case was laughed out of the courtroom. .....By the way, I do smoke cigarettes like a chimmny , but I dont drink hardly anymore, I grew out of that phase at about 17 years old.
Last edited by Shadow_of_A_Doubt- on Tue Oct 31, 2006 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shadow_of_A_Doubt-

Rock lyrics

Postby craigtheairplaneman on Tue Oct 31, 2006 3:28 pm

H there:

That was a real articulate post. Way to go.

I fully remember the PMRC and there was one thing that was more upsetting than the others. Al Gore happens to be a music fan and he even mentioned before he started to question Frank Zappa that he admired his music and had Zappa albums.

Tipper didn't have a problem knowing that when they first met. She seemed that she wanted to play on whatever was the hot issue of the week.

Have a great day,
airplane man
Marty Balin July 2006.

craigtheairplaneman

Postby Robert Meyer on Thu Nov 02, 2006 2:08 pm

In the original "Volunteers" LP there was an insert that contained the lyrics of the songs. While the actual song "We Can Be Together" wasn't censored on the record, it's lyrics on the insert were changed to have one of the lines read:

"In order to survive we steal cheat lie forge [url]fred[/url] hide and deal"

where the word "fred" is really the word "fuck" in the song.
Robert Meyer

Postby Chasin'Destiny on Thu Nov 02, 2006 2:16 pm

Great, people are talking about killing
other people ,not one by one but a
nuclear bomb on xyz. Or that what happend
in the 2nd world war...
But ,that f-word ?................. :roll: .........
Dead...death...killing....murder.....
Not fuck but f-word ?....
Ok....sorry....i say MoFu....not....

Sorry to all for the cruelty.....

:roll: :roll:
Chasin'Destiny

Postby Robert Meyer on Thu Nov 02, 2006 2:31 pm

I'm not sure of who runs the tech side here, but I've been getting system errors today that say:

Failed sending email :: PHP ::

DEBUG MODE

Line : 234
File : emailer.php
Robert Meyer

Postby Chasin'Destiny on Thu Nov 02, 2006 2:32 pm

Yes, that error shows up
many times.....

There is an option for sending a mail if
someone posts on your topic,
if you turn that of.....maybe the error is history...
Chasin'Destiny

Postby Chasin'Destiny on Thu Nov 02, 2006 2:58 pm

To all...

It's just strange...very strange....
On TV every day the biggest cruelty to
humans and animals....all over the world....
I don't hear a peeeep or something like that
but i can remember when they did that.
It makes me smile.....sorry....
They "peeeped" the word fuck away,
but i will kill you not....

Or the funny thing that happend on a show
from the 60s with The Doors on the Ed Sullivan show.
They told Jim not to use the word(s) get high (?)
but he did !....in the song Light my fire....

:roll: :roll: .....
Chasin'Destiny

Next

Return to Jefferson Airplane Discussions