Sign Anderson needs our help, she has cancer. Please read.

Thoughts, ideas, memories, you name it! Share your favorite stories, albums, tracks and more.

Sign Anderson needs our help, she has cancer. Please read.

Postby craigtheairplaneman on Wed Oct 11, 2006 1:24 am

Signe Anderson is sick and needs our help (Please read)

I spoke with Signe Anderson today for something related to the book.

She had confided in me a few months back she is fighting breast cancer. Today when I called her she mentioned that a good deal of the surgery and treatment had to be from her own savings. This has drained her family of what they worked so hard for.

I would like to set something up where people could send check or money orders made out to Signe but I need your help with the logistics.

I know without question if I tried the easy way, my post office box, there are going to be people that wouldn’t believe she is in need of assistance.

What do you good folks suggest for the funds to get to her, without invading the family privacy?

Please contact me at craigtheairplaneman (at sign) takemetoacircustent.net

Please put Jefferson Airplane or Signe Anderson in the subject line.

Thank you for your time,

Craig The Airplane Man
http://www.takemetoacircustent.net
"Craig Fenton knows so much about the J.A. and Family, I was asking him the questions."
Marty Balin July 2006.

"Take Me To A Circus Tent" is here. With many 5 star reviews already!! 93 photos 543 pages!
Thanks for flying with the J.A.
craigtheairplaneman

Postby Chasin'Destiny on Wed Oct 11, 2006 6:21 am

It's realy big shit for Signe, cancer isn't
something funny. She must have her family
and or her religion to get through it.
But the most important thing is ;
A VERY postive mind !....
Sounds like an easy job !...but it isn't !!!!!!

My personal thing;
There is only one way to get things going !
Roman the owner of this forum and his
company Eden Marketing should arange something,
so we all could trust that things are ok!.

I would realy know what Roman thinks about it,
because we all know him and his company.
Jack Casady and Jorma Kaukonen they have
Eden Marketing to for their site.

Please don't get me wrong !
It's just my nature, i know what's going on out there.
Internet isn't always save as it looks or should be...

From me...
http://members.home.nl/jjurgens/For-Signe.jpg
Last edited by Chasin'Destiny on Wed Oct 11, 2006 10:43 am, edited 2 times in total.
Chasin'Destiny

Postby Bell on Wed Oct 11, 2006 6:26 am

I think that making Signe's address known isn't equal invading the family privacy, particularly at hard times. Anyhow just a few ways not involving her address I consider right away:

-for checks and money orders she may rent a P/O box in her name
-she can receive money via PayPal
-she may receive money via Western Union. It is a bit costly, but can be a solution for payments from abroad (my situation btw). Her id must be enough.
-she may receive money in her bank account via wire transfer. Account # and her name, bank details - required. Her address - probably not.

....there are must be other ways.
Bell

Signe needs help, thank you Roman, Bell and Chasin' Destiny

Postby craigtheairplaneman on Wed Oct 11, 2006 1:23 pm

Hi Roman, Bell and Chasing Destiny

Hope you all are well and thank you for the great idea with Roman being able to receive checks/money orders.

I would be happy to have everything come to me but you could bet the bank (I don't even gamble)that some nasty person would post that I am only doing this to self-serve the book release.

If it avoids any evil person thinking that Roman, Bell, Chasing Destiny and myself would ever put personal gain over Signe's health, the solution seems easy.

Roman could you please contact me at the website and I can discuss the best way to go forward. My dad is in the hospital, I mention this because it is 1)awful to not have him enjoying all that is going on with the book and 2) If I don't answer email as fast as normal, you'll know why.

Thank you 3 great folks for being Signe supporters and I want to make her feel that the only thing she need worry about is gettin gready for 2007 Summer Of Love. I told her that yesterday. We need her there to sing any note of any tune.

All the best to the fine airplaners,
Craig the Airplane Man

Craigtheairplaneman (At sign)takemetoacircustent.net
"Craig Fenton knows so much about the J.A. and Family, I was asking him the questions."
Marty Balin July 2006.

"Take Me To A Circus Tent" is here. With many 5 star reviews already!! 93 photos 543 pages!
craigtheairplaneman

Postby psychhead on Wed Oct 11, 2006 4:44 pm

:D :D 8) 8) I was right all along when I decided to join this marvellous site.....it IS full of very wonderful people indeed!! Thank you Craig, Bell, CD, Roman, etc. for launching this great initiative for Signe. Pls keep, us all informed.
TO ROMAN It's my big pleasure to meet the man who started the JA site and now is doing all this for Signe!! By the way, I really dig your avatar man......Leonard Nimoy rules!!! :wink: :D :D :D

Thank you all again from the deepest point of my psychedelic heart!!

Robert :D :D
Psychedelic music is IN with time!!
psychhead

Postby pandalove on Wed Oct 11, 2006 9:20 pm

i'm happy to help in any way i can.
Avoid all needle drugs, the only dope worth shooting is Richard Nixon.
-Abbie Hoffman
pandalove

Helping Signe

Postby craigtheairplaneman on Thu Oct 12, 2006 1:29 pm

Hi Panda Love & Psychhead:

It is great that you two fine people want to help. Once we can work out the details, we can tewll all the fine members how to contribute.

I feel bad that I had to give this type of news. My intension was to give cool audio/video/pictures for you folks and nice info.

Maybe we can turn it into a positive and make Signe feel great to sing C.Blues at the 2007 Summer Of Love.
All the best,
craig the airplane man
Marty Balin July 2006.

craigtheairplaneman

Postby Chasin'Destiny on Thu Oct 12, 2006 1:37 pm

A tip from me...

If your book should cost 10 US $ (example!)
for all of us, you must do it for 12,50 US $ (example!)

On the front cover of your book the text;

From this 12,50 US $ goes 2,50 to a fund
for Signe Toly Anderson.
Chasin'Destiny

Postby love_slick on Thu Oct 12, 2006 9:46 pm

yes, the cancer is horrible...
my father died for that..
love_slick

Signe

Postby craigtheairplaneman on Fri Oct 13, 2006 2:27 am

Hi Love Slick:

I am sorry your dad passed away from cancer. My mom did as well.

I am waiting for the person from theboard (Eden Marketing) to contact me and I hope we can get something nice going for Signe.

Be well,
CF
Marty Balin July 2006.

craigtheairplaneman

Postby Chasin'Destiny on Fri Oct 13, 2006 4:06 am

2 ways to contact Roman from Eden Marketing;

An e-mail directly to his company.

info@edenmarketing.com

or go to the Site Announcements of this forum;
look for the author Roman...
click on his name ,then a PM to him.

But....please remember this is a small forum,
just a few true fans of The Jefferson Airplane.
If people from Jefferson Starship are in your
book you should go the site(s) of Paul Kantner and
Jefferson Starship and/or Starship.

http://www.jeffersonstarshipsf.com/

http://www.planetearthrockandroll.com/

The more people know about your book
and what happend to Signe....the better...i think.
Chasin'Destiny

Signe

Postby craigtheairplaneman on Sat Oct 14, 2006 1:46 am

Hi Chasin' Destiny:

I have been in contact with Rick the nice webmaster from the Jefferson Starship site about the book and Signe. Thank you for your suggestion, never can one have too many people know about the project.

Somebody emailed me about PayPal, since all Signe would need is a computer. As long as things are being looked at over the weekend, it is terrific.

Sometimes the fight after the surgery is harder than the one before. I noticed when talking with Signe Thursday I believe, she sounded as if it has been rougher than when we did the book interview.

I tried to cheer her up last time by sending some cool photos for her and offered some music as well. She took the photos.

All of you have a great weekend and Roman hope to get a reply from my Private message and email. Thank you for your help and great work on the board.

All the best,
craig the airplane man
Marty Balin July 2006.

craigtheairplaneman

Postby psychhead on Sat Oct 14, 2006 9:37 am

:D I am really glad this board is up!
Thank you all! :wink: 8)
Psychedelic music is IN with time!!
psychhead

Jefferson Cool Airplane Board

Postby craigtheairplaneman on Sat Oct 14, 2006 10:11 pm

Hi Pyschhead:

The board has been tremendous for me. The ability to exchange info with fine people like you, Chasin' Destiny, Panda Love, etc is fantastic.

I also like the fact that Airplane info is discussed and not only ressent news but we can go back to 1965 and talk about the beginning, or go to 67 and discuss the live shows.

Especially with a family member sick, the book and the site are a great help to me.

Thank you all,
craig the airplane man
Marty Balin July 2006.

craigtheairplaneman

Re: Signe

Postby Bell on Mon Oct 16, 2006 8:32 pm

roman wrote:Does this work for everyone? Will a Paypal acct. and a post in about a month showing the account activity work?

Not sure if Paypal accepts credit card payments from not members of Paypal? Some people from abroad can not open Paypal accounts.
Bell

Next

Return to Jefferson Airplane Discussions