New and most comprehensive Jefferson Airplane book coming so

Thoughts, ideas, memories, you name it! Share your favorite stories, albums, tracks and more.

Postby pandalove on Tue Oct 31, 2006 10:07 pm

hey craigness. how much longer till the book is fabulous enough to read?
Avoid all needle drugs, the only dope worth shooting is Richard Nixon.
-Abbie Hoffman
pandalove

Jefferson Panda Plane

Postby craigtheairplaneman on Wed Nov 01, 2006 2:42 pm

Hi Panda Love and all the fine folks aboard:

I have been in contact with the publisher and it isn't out of the norm that the dates change for the release of a book. One event was my fault. I was given a rare photo of the band from 65 that was autographed and never seen prior. I had to see if it could be included in the book. (YES).

The photo has Paul sign his name Paul Airplane! For that alone it needed to be there.

I also wanted the total pictures to go from 90 to 93!

Believe me I have wanted this to be out. I promise to make sure any people that would like the book that do not live in the USA will have a way to get it.

It is greatly appreciated the wonderful emails that I have gotten from:

Canada, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, The Netherlands and the United Kingdom.

Thank you all and 544 pages, 93 photos, 32 real interviews with actual transcripts, 266 questions and answers, 121 live shows examined and 60 studio treasures from the vaults are explored as well in "Take Me To A Circus Tent" (The J.A. Flight Manual).

Have the best day ever,
Craig
"Craig Fenton knows so much about the J.A. and Family, I was asking him the questions."
Marty Balin July 2006.

"Take Me To A Circus Tent" is here. With many 5 star reviews already!! 93 photos 543 pages!
Thanks for flying with the J.A.
craigtheairplaneman

Jefferson Panda Plane

Postby craigtheairplaneman on Wed Nov 01, 2006 2:43 pm

Hi Panda Love and all the fine folks aboard:

I have been in contact with the publisher and it isn't out of the norm that the dates change for the release of a book. One event was my fault. I was given a rare photo of the band from 65 that was autographed and never seen prior. I had to see if it could be included in the book. (YES).

The photo has Paul sign his name Paul Airplane! For that alone it needed to be there.

I also wanted the total pictures to go from 90 to 93!

Believe me I have wanted this to be out. I promise to make sure any people that would like the book that do not live in the USA will have a way to get it.

It is greatly appreciated the wonderful emails that I have gotten from:

Canada, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, The Netherlands and the United Kingdom.

Thank you all and 544 pages, 93 photos, 32 real interviews with actual transcripts, 266 questions and answers, 121 live shows examined and 60 studio treasures from the vaults are explored as well in "Take Me To A Circus Tent" (The J.A. Flight Manual).

Have the best day ever,
Craig
"Craig Fenton knows so much about the J.A. and Family, I was asking him the questions."
Marty Balin July 2006.

"Take Me To A Circus Tent" is here. With many 5 star reviews already!! 93 photos 543 pages!
craigtheairplaneman

Postby pandalove on Wed Nov 01, 2006 4:57 pm

ok. i'll wait for that picture of paul.
Avoid all needle drugs, the only dope worth shooting is Richard Nixon.
-Abbie Hoffman
pandalove

Postby Robert Meyer on Thu Nov 02, 2006 5:11 am

"Which song performed by Grace Slick and the Great Society did The Jefferson Airplane decide not to record?"

Craig, wouldn't that be two songs: "Don't Think So" and "As Often As I May"?

Robert
Robert Meyer

Jefferson Airplane meets the Great Society

Postby craigtheairplaneman on Thu Nov 02, 2006 1:46 pm

Hi Robert and all fine flyers:

Hope you are well today. That was a greattttt guess about the Great Society song(s) that were turned down by the Airplane to record.

It is actually one song that Marty Balin told me during the interview for the book.

A hint is the song wouldn't be out of the question to have shown up on Pillow or Baxter's.

Have a great day and thanks for the terrific guess,

Craig
Marty Balin July 2006.

craigtheairplaneman

Previous

Return to Jefferson Airplane Discussions