WHO IS YOUR FAVORITE SONG OF JA?

Thoughts, ideas, memories, you name it! Share your favorite stories, albums, tracks and more.

WHO IS YOUR FAVORITE SONG OF JA?

Postby love_slick on Tue Aug 22, 2006 8:03 pm

hello!
a new question.. who is or are your favorites songs of jefferson?
yes.. i know.. is difficult!
but.. my favorites are: It's no secret, Lather, Crown of creation, Martha.. (Somebody to love and White Rabbit are a classic (un clasico)! and there are fantastics! a great creation of Grace!)

byee
love_slick

Postby pandalove on Tue Aug 22, 2006 9:28 pm

wow, that is a hard question.
i am a huge fan of 'father bruce' and 'high flyin bird'.
weirdly enough, i love that funny little song 'a small package of value will come to you shortly' even if its just a bunch of screaming and also 'would you like a snack' which is hilarious.
Avoid all needle drugs, the only dope worth shooting is Richard Nixon.
-Abbie Hoffman
pandalove

Postby freakmeout on Tue Aug 22, 2006 10:09 pm

Hmmmm...."White Rabbit" is always my favorite. But I love "Ice Cream Pheonix", "Spare Changye", "rejoyce" (very underrated song), "Won't You Try", "Eskimo Blue Day", "Mexico" etc...
They are extremely uncomfortable with the idea that I am a teenage girl in the body of a 60 year old career criminal who has already died 16 times...
freakmeout

Postby Chasin'Destiny on Tue Aug 22, 2006 10:42 pm

Ballad of you & me & Pooneil
From the Fly Jefferson Airplane DVD
In repeat-to-the-year-2525 mode
I like that rhythm very much

And without any doubt the 2 songs from
Grace, because of these 2 songs many
people do know The Jefferson Airplane.
Chasin'Destiny

Postby zeke on Wed Aug 23, 2006 5:32 am

well well, I can't answer this so I'll list my favorites:
blues from an aeroplane, she has funny cars, dcba 25, today, white rabbit, somebody to love, embryonic journey, two heads, lather, if you feel, wooden ships, good sheperd, eskimo blue day, mexico, high flying bird, the house at pooneils corners, crown of creation, my best friend..

it took so much space so I shortened the list :) I could list all of the JA albums I have :)
zeke

Postby willie on Wed Aug 23, 2006 12:24 pm

Of course I love them all. But I'll throw Aerie (Gang of Eagles) off thier 'weakest' studio album and Fat Angel from their best (imo) album in to the mix.
willie

Postby psychhead on Wed Aug 23, 2006 5:31 pm

:D 8) I LOVE 'EM ALL TOO......but my absolute fave is "TODAY"...can't get enuff of it!! :D
Psychedelic music is IN with time!!
psychhead

Postby lenceel on Thu Aug 24, 2006 9:04 am

i love them all too - although i admit being partial to grace and jorma tunes - here are some faves that haven't been mentioned yet: greasy heart; third week in the chelsea, hey frederick, good shepherd, lawman
lenceel

Postby titi on Thu Aug 24, 2006 1:04 pm

alexander the medium(my favourite,though i've never heard anyone say anything about it-i would be glad to know more about this one),rejoice,saturday afternoon,in time,wooden ships....
titi

Postby lenceel on Thu Aug 24, 2006 2:06 pm

never heard of that one, titi - where did you hear it? when was it recorded?
lenceel

Postby Chasin'Destiny on Thu Aug 24, 2006 2:40 pm

lenceel wrote:never heard of that one, titi - where did you hear it? when was it recorded?

Long John Silver...

http://www.cduniverse.com/productinfo.a ... 6818&BAB=E

Track number 8
Chasin'Destiny

Postby titi on Thu Aug 24, 2006 3:20 pm

don't know why,but the rule is that people like songs from the first albums,rather than later songs(not just JA,in general).i think the real musicians write better songs as they grow older,sadly,that's rare,most of them face the lack of imagination after the first album...
titi

Postby lenceel on Thu Aug 24, 2006 5:01 pm

my bad - long john silver is just one album i don't listen to that often. the songs i like on that album are also on flight log and i usually listen to that instead.
lenceel

Postby Indian Summer on Thu Aug 24, 2006 6:45 pm

My favorite would be "Oops I did it again", but I just realised that it's a Britney Spears song.

Ehhmm well, I'm really into 'We Can Be Together', 'Saturday Afternoon', 'Sunfighter' these days...but I can't pick one.
I'll come back later and try to make a choice.
Indian Summer

Postby psychhead on Thu Aug 24, 2006 8:06 pm

:D 8) First of all welcome here titi.......ehm, not all artists get better as they get older, only the REAL GOOD VIBE ones, that is, the ones who have never sold themselves out to the fashion!!! :wink:

titi wrote:don't know why,but the rule is that people like songs from the first albums,rather than later songs(not just JA,in general).i think the real musicians write better songs as they grow older,sadly,that's rare,most of them face the lack of imagination after the first album...
Psychedelic music is IN with time!!
psychhead

Next

Return to Jefferson Airplane Discussions