Reunion 2007?

Thoughts, ideas, memories, you name it! Share your favorite stories, albums, tracks and more.

Postby Do A Line on Sun Jun 04, 2006 8:28 pm

You'll see a Beatles reunion before you would see a JA reunion.
Do A Line

Postby Sam on Sun Jun 04, 2006 8:34 pm

I don't really want to see a reunion of Jefferson Airplane. If it happend, I would have no choice but to go, but I'd rather not be put in that position. I know Jefferson Airplane as a bunch of kids with long hair and colorful clothes. That's what they were, it was part of the time. I saw the Cream reunion in New York in October, it was great to be able to see one of my favorite bands, but it was sad. Jack Bruce had to sit on a stool for must of the show, and Ginger Baker looks like he's shriveling away. Bruce and Baker were both playing the bare minimum, they just didn't have it in them anymore. I know that's how some of the members of Jefferson Airplane would be. I don't want to think of them as old and decrepit.
Sam

Postby freakmeout on Sun Jun 04, 2006 8:48 pm

Sam wrote:I don't really want to see a reunion of Jefferson Airplane. If it happend, I would have no choice but to go, but I'd rather not be put in that position. I know Jefferson Airplane as a bunch of kids with long hair and colorful clothes. That's what they were, it was part of the time. I saw the Cream reunion in New York in October, it was great to be able to see one of my favorite bands, but it was sad. Jack Bruce had to sit on a stool for must of the show, and Ginger Baker looks like he's shriveling away. Bruce and Baker were both playing the bare minimum, they just didn't have it in them anymore. I know that's how some of the members of Jefferson Airplane would be. I don't want to think of them as old and decrepit.

Sam has read my mind. 'Cept I only saw Cream on TV.
They are extremely uncomfortable with the idea that I am a teenage girl in the body of a 60 year old career criminal who has already died 16 times...
freakmeout

Postby Sam on Sun Jun 04, 2006 8:51 pm

wasn't it sad? They were a lot better in New York then at Royal Albert Hall, but still. haha, this might sound wierd, but does anyone else think Jack Bruce is cute? He looks like a little hobbit. I am not gay by the way.
Sam

Postby freakmeout on Sun Jun 04, 2006 9:00 pm

Yeah, Jack Bruce is a cutie. :P
They are extremely uncomfortable with the idea that I am a teenage girl in the body of a 60 year old career criminal who has already died 16 times...
freakmeout

Postby DonRico1967 on Mon Jun 05, 2006 9:04 pm

The BEATLES are getting back together? FAR OUT!!!
UP AGAINST THE WALL, MOTHERFUCKERS!!!
DonRico1967

Postby willie on Tue Jun 06, 2006 4:19 am

After George Harrison died I saw a programme with music 'experts' talking about his legacy etc. One 'expert' actually asked if this would finally lay to rest rumours of a reunion. :shock: It then took about 10 minutes to conclude that, 'Yes, a reunion was now very unlikely' Where would we be without experts.
willie

Postby Chasin'Destiny on Tue Jun 06, 2006 9:50 am

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Experts :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

For those experts out there;
turn that smily construction above
90 degree counter-clockwise,
and with a bit fantasy you see
the message..... 8)

The "best" thing i ever did see is
a DVD with the name;
When Woodstock was young....
Without JA !....if i would write
the names of who is on that DVD...
I think it would start WW3 or
something more evil....
Experts ladys and gentlemen,
we need those experts !!...
Without these people you would have
only 10 TV stations not 999 (?)...
These poor people like to have a job to !
Imagine only 10 crappy TV stations...
Chasin'Destiny

Postby psychhead on Tue Jun 06, 2006 3:12 pm

:shock: :shock: Naaw, there's no Beatles without John Lennon (RIP)...only a surrogate of what they were!!! 8)

Do A Line wrote:You'll see a Beatles reunion before you would see a JA reunion.
Psychedelic music is IN with time!!
psychhead

Postby psychhead on Tue Jun 06, 2006 3:15 pm

8) Ginger Baker, one of the really BIG rock drummers of all time along with Bonham, Moon, etc. has been shrivelling away for eons.....but there he is, still a-kickin'. I have always seen him that way!!! :roll: 8)

Sam wrote:I don't really want to see a reunion of Jefferson Airplane. If it happend, I would have no choice but to go, but I'd rather not be put in that position. I know Jefferson Airplane as a bunch of kids with long hair and colorful clothes. That's what they were, it was part of the time. I saw the Cream reunion in New York in October, it was great to be able to see one of my favorite bands, but it was sad. Jack Bruce had to sit on a stool for must of the show, and Ginger Baker looks like he's shriveling away. Bruce and Baker were both playing the bare minimum, they just didn't have it in them anymore. I know that's how some of the members of Jefferson Airplane would be. I don't want to think of them as old and decrepit.
psychhead

Postby psychhead on Tue Jun 06, 2006 3:20 pm

:D Hey, I got that pic as a present by a friend on Myspace!!! Great pic!

Chasin'Destiny wrote:I did find this photo on the internet,
searching for some news.

I think it's a very new photo.
Maybe Dave knows more about it..
(gTarFreak)

http://members.home.nl/jjurgens/Jorma-Grace-Jack.jpg

If you *) did make that photo
and if you don't like it to see
it here, don't be angry.
Just post your name
and other data to verify it.
*=anybody out there...
psychhead

Postby Chasin'Destiny on Tue Jun 06, 2006 3:25 pm

I would like to have a real
prof. photograph with
Grace ,Jorma ,Jack ,Paul ,Marty.

And in the background
The Golden Gate Bridge....

That would be GREAT....
A dream of a dreamer.....
Chasin'Destiny

Postby Steve on Wed Jun 07, 2006 4:22 pm

Jack Bruce is looking OK considering his liver transplant. Still has a great voice & plays a nice bass.
Steve

Postby psychhead on Thu Jun 08, 2006 4:51 pm

:D 8) That's true about Jack!
psychhead

Postby frankbird on Fri Jun 23, 2006 9:03 am

I also went to the NYC Cream show to pay homage. Left a little depressed, NOT by the appearance of Jack n Ginger nor by their playing. Rather the whole event reminded me of the passage of time - it made me feel old!!

re: JA - saw the last reunion from the last row at Radio City in NYC. I liked it, though I know many did not. For a taste of what you might get now, check out the DVD from the Berkeley (Boston) performance last year.
frankbird

PreviousNext

Return to Jefferson Airplane Discussions