recording studio in Sausalito

Thoughts, ideas, memories, you name it! Share your favorite stories, albums, tracks and more.

recording studio in Sausalito

Postby allisonleh on Wed Mar 22, 2006 12:43 pm

Does anybody know if there was a recording studio in Sausalito named White Rabbit recording studio? If so where was it and does anybody have any pictures? Also I would be looking for the timeframe as well.
Thanks
allisonleh

Postby DonRico1967 on Wed Mar 22, 2006 8:37 pm

"Martha" was the daughter of the mayor of Sausalito.
UP AGAINST THE WALL, MOTHERFUCKERS!!!
DonRico1967

She does what she pleases...

Postby jimmie ray on Thu Mar 23, 2006 9:31 am

She was a very, uhhhh... "popular" girl - I heard?
It's good times now - I can see the light!
jimmie ray

Re: recording studio in Sausalito

Postby willie on Thu Mar 23, 2006 6:01 pm

allisonleh wrote:Does anybody know if there was a recording studio in Sausalito named White Rabbit recording studio? If so where was it and does anybody have any pictures? Also I would be looking for the timeframe as well.
Thanks

White Rabbit Artist Management were from that area don't know if they had a studio. For some reason I think there is a SKA connection somewhere but maybe not :?
willie

"The Record Plant"

Postby Richard263 on Wed Mar 29, 2006 11:03 am

The recording studio in Sausalito you are thinking of was the "Record Plant". It was just north of the downtown area in the flatlands near the houseboats and close to where the Army Corps of Engineers had the model of the SF Bay. In a non-descript building it turned out a lot of great albums. Typical california marin country wood inside, some nice fabic designs on the walls also. Done in earth tones. It had two recording studios, a great game room, and offices for the studio.
The only picture I have is a closeup of me with Ruth and Anita Pointer in one of the control rooms. It's not a good shot of the place but the background gives you an idea of the 'feel'.
Can someone explain how I can post it here (it is in my computer in a file)...or email me and i will send it to you.
Richard263

Return to Jefferson Airplane Discussions