Starship sounds so 80s

Thoughts, ideas, memories, you name it! Share your favorite stories, albums, tracks and more.

Starship in the 80s

Good
8%
Mediocre
33%
Crap
58%

Total votes : 12

Postby freakmeout on Tue Mar 21, 2006 8:51 am

zeke wrote:I like gorillaz more than blur but starship didn't make good music like gorillaz.they basically ruined the JA heritage.

Precisely. Now I have "Dare" stuck in my head.
They are extremely uncomfortable with the idea that I am a teenage girl in the body of a 60 year old career criminal who has already died 16 times...
freakmeout

Postby willie on Tue Mar 21, 2006 9:16 am

this sounds like a current disscusion on bbc 6music asking 'why don't Americans understand Brit music' because of james blunt making billboard and artic monkeys not. ignoring the fact that artic monkeys are hugely over hyped. lots of people like shite music. Why would anybody listen to micheal bolton when you can still buy otis redding CDs :shock:
i'd happily eat at the best resturant most nights but ocasionally i enjoy a bag of cheesy wotsits. does that make me a bad person?
willie

Postby jett on Wed Mar 22, 2006 12:47 am

willie wrote:i'd happily eat at the best resturant most nights but ocasionally i enjoy a bag of cheesy wotsits. does that make me a bad person?

oh yes. DEFINATELY. :lol:
check out my band Betty Machete
jett

Postby Jon_G on Wed Mar 22, 2006 10:50 am

There were definitely worse things than Starship around in 85 - if you think Goths are bad news nowadays you should've been there when they first crept out of the shadows of New Wave - a generation regretted ever buying hair crimpers -
Jon_G

Postby psychhead on Sat Mar 25, 2006 10:07 am

:D 8) I see it totally EYE to EYE with you.......musically speaking, they are YEARS to burn rapidly and to cancel off the calendar. Not all JS songs were bad (eg Runaway) and they were "commercially" over the top of the crappy disco-duck whimpy music of the 80s that's for sure :twisted: :roll: Then they ask why many music freaks (like me) turned to Paisely Underground in those years, heheheheh!!!
As for all the rest, I hate the 80s because counter-current to many, I was less 'rich' in those years (I was NO yuppie, hehehe) and only started makin' some REAL dough in the 90s; people seemd less friendly back then...everybody back into their little eggshells again just like in the pre-60s!). Fortunately those years are long gone!!!
VIVA the Ks!!!!!

Indian Summer wrote:What did Grace say????
That she regrets that period??

By the way, the 80s is my least favourite period...the the 60s and 70s are great....some of the 90s and nowadays, but the 80s?
All those acoustic guitarists that grabbed the synthesizer, even when it wasn't their thing :P
Psychedelic music is IN with time!!
psychhead

Previous

Return to Jefferson Airplane Discussions