White Rabbit on The Simpsons

Thoughts, ideas, memories, you name it! Share your favorite stories, albums, tracks and more.

White Rabbit on The Simpsons

Postby the doormouse on Fri Feb 03, 2006 7:22 am

i imagine a lot of you noticed this already, but seeing as at our age a lot of us don't get the chance to watch such shows. I just realised that on like 4 of the trip or drug using scenes from "the simpsons" white rabbit is played in the background. a couple of months ago when my son was watching a simpsons dvd or something i just heard it playing to my surprise. so have you noticed this?
the doormouse

Mmmmmmm - hot peppers...

Postby jimmie ray on Fri Feb 03, 2006 9:17 am

I could have sworn they played it in the episode where Homer eats the red hot devil peppers, from the Gautamalen insane asylum - but a bigger fan of the show said that wasn't the one. They do use cool songs during some scenes, though!
It's good times now - I can see the light!
jimmie ray

Postby freakmeout on Fri Feb 03, 2006 2:57 pm

It's played in more than 1 episode?

I was trying to figure out that one. Aahh my first impression of the Airplane, a band I didn't get into until at least 10 years later...

Was it the one where Homer ate that baking soda? Or when he had those two hippie friends who sold juice?

Anyway, I did see something on a newer episode that made me laugh late at night a while ago. Maggie and Marge were going to a Raffi-type concert and as they entered they had a frame-for-frame parody of "Gimme Shelter" including babies getting 'stoned' on a pacifier.
They are extremely uncomfortable with the idea that I am a teenage girl in the body of a 60 year old career criminal who has already died 16 times...
freakmeout

Postby Guest on Fri Feb 03, 2006 6:32 pm

it was on the hippie friends one when homer puts their special vegetables in the juice and everyone starts hallucinating. 'The song has been used several times in the animated, satirical show The Simpsons, such as in the episode "D'oh-in In the Wind". It mostly accompanies scenes when the effects of ingested drugs, such as grass, peyote or LSD), are beginning to kick in.'

the doormouse

Postby Guest on Fri Feb 03, 2006 6:35 pm

oh yeh and also on an episode of matt groening's 'futurama' i think what was supposed to be richard nixon sang the song to please the hippies

Postby freakmeout on Sat Feb 04, 2006 9:47 pm

Anonymous wrote:it was on the hippie friends one when homer puts their special vegetables in the juice and everyone starts hallucinating. 'The song has been used several times in the animated, satirical show The Simpsons, such as in the episode "D'oh-in In the Wind". It mostly accompanies scenes when the effects of ingested drugs, such as grass, peyote or LSD), are beginning to kick in.'

the doormouse

Okay, thanks!
They are extremely uncomfortable with the idea that I am a teenage girl in the body of a 60 year old career criminal who has already died 16 times...
freakmeout

Postby live for the summer on Mon Feb 06, 2006 7:06 pm

i noticed how they never play 'D'oh in the wind' anymore. they used to always repeat it, and now they magically stopped. its my favourite episode, even though i could just listen to White Rabbit...it makes me feel like im on TV in a way...a very sad and strange way. always they play it in drug scenes in films etc.
feed your head people. feed your head....
live for the summer

Postby alice_420 on Mon Mar 20, 2006 12:43 pm

ever see the one where homer gets a perscription for medicinal marijuana and hes in his room tokin up and deep purple smoke on the water is playing?
alice_420

Postby pandalove on Thu Aug 24, 2006 3:36 pm

yeah!!! i love that one. that and when homer's mom first comes home. the one where she tells him why she left him. thats my favorite.
Avoid all needle drugs, the only dope worth shooting is Richard Nixon.
-Abbie Hoffman
pandalove

Postby zeke on Thu Aug 24, 2006 3:55 pm

alice_420 wrote:ever see the one where homer gets a perscription for medicinal marijuana and hes in his room tokin up and deep purple smoke on the water is playing?

I rememebr that episode! steepenwolf magic carpet ride was also playing some time!
zeke

Return to Jefferson Airplane Discussions