Jefferson Family Reunion

Thoughts, ideas, memories, you name it! Share your favorite stories, albums, tracks and more.

Postby DonRico1967 on Tue Jan 31, 2006 10:06 pm

Jeez, that sounds BAD...

What kinda "blood" has been "spilled"?

I know that Casady has played occasionally with PK in the not-so-distant past... I saw the JEFFERSON STARSHIP back in 1992 with both of those guys...

What has happened since then to create such enmity?
UP AGAINST THE WALL, MOTHERFUCKERS!!!
DonRico1967

come to philly!

Postby mf0178 on Tue Jan 31, 2006 10:58 pm

they should have a show in philly!!! because i cant go to the one in atlantic city! :( :cry:
mf0178

What's it all about?

Postby jimmie ray on Wed Feb 01, 2006 11:47 am

Yes - what are the problems between some of the original JA members, I wonder, too. I heard of some lawsuit over the "Jefferson" name, a few years back, against Paul. Bad blood is not so unusual, in the music business - and not so pleasant to hear about - but we should know, here?
And thanks for the touring info, Mark. If I were going to the show, I would want to know who's who and playing what instrument ahead of time. It helps to enjoy the music and not be distracted with trying to figure out things once the show starts - I don't mean to insinuate that it's a bad show...
It's good times now - I can see the light!
jimmie ray

Postby Chasin'Destiny on Wed Feb 01, 2006 9:01 pm

Strange things out there !
I have read somewere that John Fogerty
my not use the name Creedence Clearwater Revival.
Some troubles are everywere.......

Who is the owner of the name Jefferson Airplane ?
The same question about Jefferson Starship and Starship.

Money is most of the time the source of all troubles.
(money & copyrights)

Who is the boss ?......
Who knows it ?.....
Chasin'Destiny

Re: come to philly!

Postby Guest on Wed Feb 01, 2006 10:00 pm

mf0178 wrote:they should have a show in philly!!! because i cant go to the one in atlantic city! :( :cry:
WHY DON'T YOU TAKE THE BUS, ITS ONLY AN HOUR AWAY.

Re: What's it all about?

Postby Guest on Wed Feb 01, 2006 10:27 pm

[quote="jimmie ray"]Yes - what are the problems between some of the original JA members, I wonder, too. I heard of some lawsuit over the "Jefferson" name, a few years back, against Paul. Bad blood is not so unusual, in the music business - and not so pleasant to hear about - but we should know, here?
And thanks for the touring info, Mark. If I were going to the show, I would want to know who's who and playing what instrument ahead of time. It helps to enjoy the music and not be distracted with trying to figure out things once the show starts - I don't mean to insinuate that it's a bad show...[/quote IF I WANTED TO SEE A COVER BAND FOR 60 BUCKS I WOULDN'T. THE CHICKS IN THE BAND ANNOY THE SHIT OUT OF ME! I THINK PAUL IS LOSING HIS MIND! WHY WON'T ANYONE PLAY WITH HIM ANYMORE? IS TOM CONSTANTINE PLAYING ATLANTIC CITY OR DID HE DROP OUT TOO? I THINK I'LL JUST TAKE THE DAY OFF AND LISTEN TO BLOWS AGAINST THE EMPIRE AT HOME, SO I WON'T BE AT THE HOUSE OF BLUES SCREAMING "THIS BLOWS!!"

Postby ceangle13 on Wed Feb 01, 2006 10:28 pm

that was me......
ceangle13

Postby Chasin'Destiny on Wed Feb 01, 2006 11:06 pm

http://members.home.nl/jjurgens/The_JA_ ... ulator.jpg

For free your own JA flightsimulator.....
With just stereo no dolby dig. 8.4 THX things....
2 X 640 watt rms should be good for the
neighbourhood to make 'm smile......

i know i am :evil:
Chasin'Destiny

Hey, Tonight!

Postby jimmie ray on Thu Feb 02, 2006 1:53 pm

I think John Fogerty was not permitted to do any CCR songs at his performances, for many years - until something changed very recently. That had to really suck for him (and us)! I heard his latest album has some old CCR songs on it, and is well done.
If he wasn't permitted to use the CCR name, that's understandable - and his name alone is well known enough for that not to matter, it would seem?
jimmie ray

Postby Valkoinen Psykedeelinen K on Fri Feb 03, 2006 11:50 am

FirstBassman wrote:
Darby is a FEMALE SINGER!
The lead guitarist is Slick Aguilar

Here is the lineup for the upcoming tour:

COUNTRY JOE McDONALD
PAUL KANTNER
QUICKSILVER co-founder DAVID FREIBERG
Original GRATEFUL DEAD pianist TOM CONSTANTEN
The Tubes co-founder PRAIRIE PRINCE
SLICK AGUILAR
CHRIS SMITH
LINDA IMPERIAL
DIANA MANGANO

Well, when reading these names and thinking of the Airplane...

It is almost impossible to get that someone is talking about the JEFFERSON AIRPLANE reunion tour.

No offense. :roll:
"Jefferson Airplane rakastaa sinua"
Valkoinen Psykedeelinen K

Misleading ads...

Postby jimmie ray on Fri Feb 03, 2006 12:06 pm

Hate to beat this to death - but here in NY:
The news paper ad has it printed as "The Jefferson Family Galactic Tour" featuring "Marty Balin and Paul Kantner".
The local oldies radio station has been giving away tickets like crazy, and is repeatedly calling it the "Jefferson Airplane Reunion".
So it could be very misleading, to people who don't have the inside information, like we do...
jimmie ray

Postby FirstBassman on Fri Feb 03, 2006 2:45 pm

[color=darkblue]
Boy, lots of questions and issues.

RE: Bad blood. I won’t go into specifics but there have been several “incidentsâ€
FirstBassman

Starsip LIVE

Postby Chefherfer on Thu Feb 16, 2006 12:08 am

See my post: LOUSY show and think for yourself. :(
Chefherfer

Postby Steve on Sat Feb 18, 2006 11:02 am

Driving down the expressway to Atlantic City last week there was a big billboard for the Jefferson (Airplane) Galactic Reunion show @ the House of Blues. With advertising like this, it's no wonder people are confused.
Steve

OH WELL

Postby KharmaKreep on Thu Apr 06, 2006 4:01 pm

I LOVED the reunion concert. It was very emotional for me. They do alot of JA songs. People shouldn't be confused about WHO is going to be their by all means; however, people NEED to see this band.

It certainly seems like a JA reunion when 97% of the songs are JA. Being in the presence of Paul Kantner was very intense. I got his autograph on a full page ad for Camel cigarettes because he NEVER STOPPED SMOKING THE WHOLE DAMN TIME!!!!
Slick Aguilar was nothing short of pure flowing energy and a fabulous stage presence to boot.
Diana Mangano is a great singer and sexy too

When we were getting autographs....All the guys and gals sang happy birthday to my friend. THey are a great bunch.......Tom Constanten was a trip

Don't underestimate this band...they are probably one of the most exciting and reminiscent of the 60's passion
Loved country Joe
If you only lived on earth....you'd never see the sun... or the promise of 1,000 other suns that glow beyond here.....and if you care to see the future...look into the eyes of your young dancing children don't be afraid of our ways!!
KharmaKreep

PreviousNext

Return to Jefferson Airplane Discussions