Early Jefferson Airplane Christmas Present

Thoughts, ideas, memories, you name it! Share your favorite stories, albums, tracks and more.

Early Jefferson Airplane Christmas Present

Postby RememberWhat theDarmaSays on Thu Dec 22, 2005 2:38 pm

My best friend and I always exchange Christmas presents before I leave to see my family. Anyway, we exchanged gifts last night, and she gave me the audiophile, Mono vinyls of After Bathing at Baxter's and Jefferson Airplane Takes Off(It has the uncensored versions of "Let Me In" and "Run Around."). These are fairly new releases from Sundazed Records. So now, I have three, audiophile, mono, Sundazed vinyls from the Airplane: Jefferson Airplane Takes Off, Surrealistic Pillow,and After Bathing At Baxter's. The sound quality is amazing on all of these. I have originals of all of these albums too, but I don't like to play them very often. Original vinyls are getting rarer and rarer, so instead of possibly damaging my originals, I can play these and not worry about it. Besides, they really sound better than the originals that I have. Everyone who loves vinyl should definitely look into purchasing these. You won't regret it! :D

Does anyone else owned these or know about them? What do you think of them?

Also, here is the link to Sundazed Records, if anyone is interested.

http://www.sundazed.com

Click on "The Artists" icon on the home page that comes up, and go to the "J." You'll see Jefferson Airplane there. Click on them, and it will tell you all about all three albums.
~Remember What the Dormouse Says, Feed Your Head! Feed Your Head!~
RememberWhat theDarmaSays

Postby Steve on Sat Dec 24, 2005 11:04 am

Baxters is my favorite JA studio album, with Long John Silver #2.
Steve

Postby ~Psychedelic~ on Sat Dec 24, 2005 6:41 pm

Yeah I've seen those at this record store called "fingerprints" over here in L.A(The stores in Long Beach on Second St.) they have alot of Jefferson Airplane,The Seeds and other cool 60's bands.

I gotta get some of those....Don't wanna ruin my originals :!:
~Psychedelic~

Return to Jefferson Airplane Discussions