Takes Off: Alternate Lyrics ?

Thoughts, ideas, memories, you name it! Share your favorite stories, albums, tracks and more.

Takes Off: Alternate Lyrics ?

Postby Bill on Sun Nov 13, 2005 4:32 pm

what were the alternate lyrics for takes off?
-Bill[/img]
-Bill
Bill

Postby FirstBassman on Mon Nov 14, 2005 10:36 am

Hi.
If you're talking about my post, I didn't say alternate lyrics.
I said alternate TRACKS.
There is a mono version of Takes Off that had a very limited run. It contains a SLIGHTLY different song list than the regular release.
And that version is worth a little more money than other earlier JA LPs.
I don'r recall off the top of my head what the small difference was, but I can look it and re-post.
Sorry for any confusion.
- Mark
FirstBassman

Postby Shadow_of_A_Doubt on Thu May 25, 2006 9:22 pm

There were 3 different pressings of the Takes Off album. The original issue had the uncensored words for " Let me In " The lyrics were " Dont tell me you want Money " and in the original titled song " Runnin Round this World " the uncensored words were " That sway as you lay Under Me ". This pressing was in VERY limited numbers since once the top brass at RCA heard this they thought they solved the words they didnt want you to hear. They didnt. The second issue has the cut down title, Run Around instead of Runnin Round this World but still has the uncensored words to the 2 other songs. The 3rd issue is the most common pressing and has the words to the songs altered in the song Let me In , changed to " Dont Tell me its so Funny " and in Run Around " That sway as you stay here by Me " The First issue is one of thoes IF YOU CAN FIND IT records. Its in both mono and stereo form and the stereo issue can fetch you upwards of $5000+ US Dollars depending on the shape of the album, cover and vinyl. The 2rd issue goes for less Say around $1000 depending on its shape and if you find that JA fan thats got to have everything JA. The 3rd issue isnt worth anything as far as money. Today they have come out with the Sundazed 180 Gram reissue pressings with the original words to the songs on reissue , but myself, id rather have the original pressings. Im still looking for the first issue, I have the 3rd and 2nd pressings. But if I can find one ill pay for it. The first issue is a very rare album.
Shadow_of_A_Doubt

Return to Jefferson Airplane Discussions