Jack & Jorma Underated Musicians

Thoughts, ideas, memories, you name it! Share your favorite stories, albums, tracks and more.

Postby Sam on Wed Jun 21, 2006 5:19 pm

I am seeing them Tuesday.
Sam

If You Feel

Postby The Other Side on Thu Jun 22, 2006 3:09 am

Jorma just WAH WAH's his ass off on this song.

Marty's good too.

"If you feel like china breakin', if you feel like flyin'...Break China flyin!!
"Go Ride the Music"
The Other Side

Postby DonRico1967 on Thu Jun 22, 2006 8:05 pm

Yeah mon... One of my all-time JA faves!!!

Does anybody know or have access to the 45 RPM 7" single version? "If You Feel Like China Breakin'"???

I mean...

I know and love the 33 1/3 RPM 12" CROWN OF CREATION LP version "If You Feel"...

But to die a happy man I must somehow hear this hard-to-find, alternately bejeweled obscurity!!!
UP AGAINST THE WALL, MOTHERFUCKERS!!!
DonRico1967

Postby DonRico1967 on Thu Jun 22, 2006 8:08 pm

Yet again not only but also:

Gimme some "MARTHA"!!!

Not talkin' about the well-beloved AFTER BATHING AT BAXTER'S LP version...

I mean the 7" single version that predated it by almost a year!
UP AGAINST THE WALL, MOTHERFUCKERS!!!
DonRico1967

Postby Mekstat1 on Thu Jun 22, 2006 11:23 pm

i remember that someone on this forum posted a few hard to find JA tunes---
One of them was Frozen Noses- It became one of my FAVORITE JA songs, i wish i remember who posted the links cause ide love to thank them for it.

is Frozen Noses on a Jefferson Airplane CD?
^if so-- i dont have it haha...
Mekstat1

Postby Chasin'Destiny on Fri Jun 23, 2006 9:09 am

Mekstat1 wrote:i remember that someone on this forum posted a few hard to find JA tunes---
One of them was Frozen Noses- It became one of my FAVORITE JA songs, i wish i remember who posted the links cause ide love to thank them for it.

is Frozen Noses on a Jefferson Airplane CD?
^if so-- i dont have it haha...

Here is something....
The links are there......

http://jeffersonairplane.com/bbs/viewto ... ght=frozen

But there is nothing to download....
I think you should ask him.....(Whenheco)...
Chasin'Destiny

Postby Mekstat1 on Fri Jun 23, 2006 12:02 pm

aww thanks CD thanks for finding that for me!! haha whenheco must of givin me the mp3 awhile back
Mekstat1

Postby FirstBassman on Fri Jun 23, 2006 2:14 pm

Post subject: If You Feel

Jorma just WAH WAH's his ass off on this song.

Agree, GREAT song. I think it should have been one of their best live jam songs. I once asked Jack why JA didn't play "If You Feel" live more often and he said Marty didn't want to do it.

Go figure.
FirstBassman

NEWSFLASH!

Postby gTarFreak on Mon Jun 26, 2006 12:35 am

Just saw Hot Tuna and David Bromberg. NEWSFLASH! Jorma's got a wah-wah pedal, again, and he's not afraid to use it. Holy F*CKIN' SH*T what a show that was. Just got home, it's 12:30am, I've got work tomorrow, and all I want to do is plug in and turn it up to 10!

Cheers,
Dave
gTarFreak

Postby Franklin'sTower on Sat Sep 02, 2006 7:45 pm

Jorma and Jack are giants in terms of sound, in terms of being innovators, and the 2 together have developed a sound which influenced a generation. Now some decades later, I would say they need to have some attention brought their way. The music world seems to be lacking, not everything, but mainstream is pretty bad. Maybe Rolling Stone/Relix/ Guitar Player ect needs to see Tuna to get them to write about them again. Relix since the new owners have taken over a few years ago seems to have changed in my opinion.

It would be great if record companies/radio stations would see the musical talents of such legends and give them some air play. It's not all Britany, 50 cent, and HelloGoodbye

Now, I was happy when "Blue Country Heart" was nominated for a Grammy. It made me smile to see that the voters didn't miss a talent(JK) and what a great album/cd he created.

On the recent summer tour, I agree that Jorma with the wah-wah brought smiles to me. I would love to see them in a trio format, but that is what dreams are for.

Speaking of the ole wha=wha, I think I'll go listen to one of the Tuna/Bromberg shows from this summer right now.

James
Franklin'sTower

Re: Jack & Jorma Underated Musicians

Postby Airplane Freak on Sun Oct 27, 2013 12:30 pm

When the house of rock was built, it was the pricey, garish facade that got all the attention. The thick strong pillars of natural materials that held up the walls and raised the roof remained hidden, like bones and tendons. The pillars will still be standing as a testament to posterity long after the garish facade has crumbled and been forgotten.
We are all creatures of fame, lightness, and liberty!
Airplane Freak

Re: Jack & Jorma Underated Musicians

Postby psychy on Sat Nov 09, 2013 7:40 am

Airplane Freak wrote:When the house of rock was built, it was the pricey, garish facade that got all the attention. The thick strong pillars of natural materials that held up the walls and raised the roof remained hidden, like bones and tendons. The pillars will still be standing as a testament to posterity long after the garish facade has crumbled and been forgotten.

I totally see it eye to eye with you here:):)
Imageù
psychy

Previous

Return to Jefferson Airplane Discussions