jeffersonairplane tab books

Thoughts, ideas, memories, you name it! Share your favorite stories, albums, tracks and more.

jeffersonairplane tab books

Postby angel96 on Mon Feb 17, 2014 5:00 am

Does anyone know if there are any tab books for the JA? Like a surrealistic pillow book or something?

Re: jeffersonairplane tab books

Postby brumus on Mon Feb 17, 2014 6:18 pm

There are two that I know of.

One is the Jefferson Airplane Guitar Tab Anthology published by Alfred Music Publishing Co. ... 0739064339

Quite good and accurate IMO. Chords, tab, tunings and lyrics are pretty correct. Even mentions using a capo when necessary.

The other one I know of is the Jefferson Airplane After Bathing At Baxter's Guitar Tab book ... 145515762/

The above link is a partial online copy. The book is long out of print (1968). You can still come across a copy on ebay once in a while. Mine disintegrated a long time ago.
I believe it showed Kantner's tunings he would use. Kantner is fond of drop D and open modal tunings like D-A-D-G-A-D (open D) or E-B-E-G♯-B-E (open E) which I believe he used in Won't You Try.

Re: jeffersonairplane tab books

Postby SGStandard on Wed Mar 04, 2015 5:38 pm

I have the 1968 After Bathing at Baxter's songbook. I bought mine at the PX at camp Pendleton right after returning from Vietnam. First tabs I ever saw. Let me know if you need chords from the book. "Won't You Try/Saturday Afternoon is in standard tuning, and the intro chords are Em7. Still in Em7 - "Find a way to see/and the sun-shine'll set you free. Won't you try?(Em7)....D....E With love(D) be-fore(C#m) we're(D) gone;(E)........Won't you try?(D) C#m D E..then bass solo.

Return to Jefferson Airplane Discussions