No live concert dvds in shops

Thoughts, ideas, memories, you name it! Share your favorite stories, albums, tracks and more.

No live concert dvds in shops

Postby georgef76 on Sun Jan 05, 2014 7:39 am

How come there are no live dvds of the band during a whole concert ? These days live concerts in shops have become very big with dvds. I v'e heard that Bill Graham had some filmed, would say it has to do a lot with legal things. Have most of the Woodstock set, not sure if more is being withheld ? Plus there is only 1 song from Altamont, for some reason this is being locked up. It's about time some of their concerts were released.
georgef76

Re: No live concert dvds in shops

Postby brumus on Tue Jan 07, 2014 7:44 pm

JA live at the Family Dog probably has more on it than what has been released I wold imagine.

I'm pretty sure public television KQED in San Francisco has early video of the band pre-Grace Slick. They did a local program called 'Come Up The Years' that also featured Big Brother. I've never seen JA from that. The pic on the back of Takes Off of them on stage I'm pretty certain is from that show.

Monterey Pop I would think has more vid. Altamont maybe, considering the chaos.

I think initially the band only released what they deemed as worthy. Now, who knows. Not worth the money to produce because of low demand perhaps. I think that's probably the reason other than legal issues.

But keep in mind that video recording was pretty archaic then and didn't always produce good results like today so to have a complete show of any band back then is somewhat rare.
brumus

Postby angel96 on Wed Jan 29, 2014 2:20 am

Just watch Fly Jefferson airplane it has live stuff in it Btw what songs do u have from the woodstock set? And how did u get it
angel96

Postby angel96 on Wed Jan 29, 2014 2:24 am

Check out the Flight Box on amazon.com ithas live stuff
angel96

Return to Jefferson Airplane Discussions