Anyone know where to find a Jefferson Airplane full concert?

Thoughts, ideas, memories, you name it! Share your favorite stories, albums, tracks and more.

Anyone know where to find a Jefferson Airplane full concert?

Postby Recordguy2012 on Sat Aug 25, 2012 7:12 am

Has anyone found any live footage of Jefferson Airplane playing a full concert besides what is already on DVD. I am specifically looking for the Germany concertband can not seem to find it anywhere I have found short clips and audio sequences from diffrent songs but I would like a full concert. Can anyone help me out?
Recordguy2012

Re: Anyone know where to find a Jefferson Airplane full conc

Postby redrabid on Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:45 pm

A full JA concert on DVD (or on film, video or the net)?
The answer is simple: it doesn't exist. There is a rumour that all concerts in the Fillmore were filmed, so maybe Wolgang's Vault has a surprise for you in store (I haven't checked W's V. the last few years, because I got bored with sound board quality recordings). For whatever footage of JA concerts on film, check out the Jefferson Airplane Video Archive Topic on this site. Best of course are the Woodstock songs on Youtube, but sadly enough not all of the concert was filmed/released, because the camera men were just as tired as the band at 6 o'clock in the morning.
Of course there is the Jefferson Starship DVD of lousy quality (but you already know that one), but that too isn't a full concert, I think.
You'll have to do with sound recordings (bootlegs except Woodstock).
redrabid

Re: Anyone know where to find a Jefferson Airplane full conc

Postby Recordguy2012 on Sun Sep 02, 2012 3:47 pm

I have looked at the thread but whenever I try and watch one it tells me that the video is not available in my Country or Region. So I can't watch anything or the video was deleted. I wish that someone would post footage because there has to be some in at least one old hippies' basement (No offence intended). I think that Grace Slick should collect all of the footage and unseen pictures that she can find by posting and creating adds everywhere and create a boxset.

That would be really cool.
Recordguy2012

Return to Jefferson Airplane Discussions