Spare chaynge

Thoughts, ideas, memories, you name it! Share your favorite stories, albums, tracks and more.

Spare chaynge

Postby tontonfranck on Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:05 pm

I didn't come here for a long long time and my english didn't get better.
I was reading Jorma's page on wikipedia and learnt that there was a 24 minutes version of Spare chaynge.
Can anyone tell me where I could find it???
Excuse my english...
tontonfranck

Re: Spare chaynge

Postby redrabid on Tue May 01, 2012 1:22 pm

"Spare Chaynge" as it appeared on "Baxter's" was only a part of the jam that was recorded in the studio. The cpmplete jam is to be found on several bootlegs covering that area. But you can find it also on Youtube. Just google "Spare Chaynge".
That's easy, isn't it?
redrabid

Postby tontonfranck on Wed May 02, 2012 7:08 am

I found it on youtube but I would like to know on what bootleg(s) I could find it on a better sound than youtube
Excuse my english...
tontonfranck

Postby redrabid on Wed May 02, 2012 3:37 pm

The problem with bootlegs is that the same material is "released" under different names. It can differ from country to country. I think that one of the bootlegs was called "Live 67/68" or "Studio 67/ Live 68". Google, and you'll find it and probably more.
Don't expect the sound quality of bootlegs to be a lot better. The tapes used for bootlegs are usually unmixed and therefore rough, uneven sounding, even studio recordings. Also the producers of bootlegs were often just in for a quick buck and didn't care much for transferring the tapes well unto vinyl.
But who cares about sound quality? Way back I heard "White Rabbit" for the first time on a lousy transister radio and loved it!
redrabid

Return to Jefferson Airplane Discussions