Jefferson Airplane Guitar TAB

Thoughts, ideas, memories, you name it! Share your favorite stories, albums, tracks and more.

Jefferson Airplane Guitar TAB

Postby Adam Walker on Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:12 am

This came to our attention recently, and should satisfy the many requests we get for Jefferson Airplane TAB for guitar:

Jefferson Airplane Guitar TAB Anthology: Authentic Guitar TAB [Paperback]
Alfred Publishing Staff (Author)
Price: $15.56
In Stock.
Only 7 left in stock--order soon (more on the way).

http://www.amazon.com/Jefferson-Airplan ... 0739064339
Adam Walker
Forum Administrator
Jefferson Airplane Inc
Adam Walker
Site Admin

Re: Jefferson Airplane Guitar TAB

Postby JoeD80 on Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:03 pm

very cool!!!
JoeD80

Postby brumus on Sat Apr 28, 2012 2:10 pm

Just to note. The Lather Intro tab and other JA song chords I presented here, however correct or incorrect they may be, are entirely my own educated guess as a longtime fan and player. I'm glad to see that there is some printed material on JA music other than the ones I'm familiar with, being the Baxters songbook and various sheet music on their hits; White Rabbit and Somebody To Love.
In any case, I've sent away for the book and await to see how it fares. At least it would profit JA inc. I imagine.
brumus

Postby brumus on Sat Apr 28, 2012 7:02 pm

Just a quick review. I did actually receive the JA Tab songbook today in the mail and was pleasantly surprised. From what I've seen so far it seems fairly accurate. The use of a capo in Lather on the 3rd fret and for the 2nd fret on Good Shepherd plus a drop D tuning for that and Embryonic Journey was crucial. The song Today was well done overall, tab and otherwise.
I didn't see a publishing date but I'm guessing 1970's from the typeface used. I remember picking up the David Crosby songbook from that period but I don't recall ever seeing this one. I would definitely recommend it to anyone interested.
brumus

Return to Jefferson Airplane Discussions