Paul & Linda McCartney and Jefferson Airplane

Thoughts, ideas, memories, you name it! Share your favorite stories, albums, tracks and more.

Re: Paul & Linda McCartney and Jefferson Airplane

Postby redrabid on Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:05 pm

Cook, do you know Cock Robin? They were an American band that had a few hits in Europe in the mid-80s. The biggest one was "The Promise You Made". The band had a female singer Anna LaCazio, though she had a more supportive role next to the leadsinger, a bit like Signy Toly Anderson had. Their singing brings up vague memories of Jefferson Airplane, just a bit, but the drama and passion is there.
redrabid

Postby CookOfTheHouse on Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:46 pm

Hey Redrabid! Thanks for the suggestion! Cock Robin is just too eighties for my taste! But the USA has become one of my favourites! I'm listening now to Joe Byrd & The Field Hippies wich is kind of the USA's spin off band and it's got some great tunes too (they actually perform "You Can't Ever Come Down" from the USA on the album!), still the crazy electric sound and very political lyrics but still amazing! You should give it a try! If you liked the USA you're gonna like Joe Byrd & The Field Hippies. The album is called "The American Metaphysical Circus" just like the USA's opening track!
CookOfTheHouse

Postby redrabid on Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:19 pm

I can't imagine that you don't know the band, Cook, as it is in the same vein as Fairport Convention and Fotheringay, English folk rock: Steeleye Span. Never liked their albums. But I am a sucker for those folk derived harmonies. And Maddy Prior was an excellent singer. I heard "All Around My Hat" this morning on the radio. That's why.
redrabid

Previous

Return to Jefferson Airplane Discussions