White Rabbit (mono single version)

Thoughts, ideas, memories, you name it! Share your favorite stories, albums, tracks and more.

White Rabbit (mono single version)

Postby Whiterabbit on Thu Mar 31, 2005 9:05 am

I have the 2003 re-release of Surrealistic Pillow. White Rabbit (mono single version) is included and is about 2:30. At the end of that traack is a nice instrumental track (in stereo). This is included as part of track 17, which is White Rabbit (mono single version), with a second or two of space. I am wondering what this track is. Any information is helpful, thanks.
Whiterabbit

Postby Box Of Rain on Thu Mar 31, 2005 3:14 pm

That instrumental is just a non-vocal version of DCBA-25. I was puzzling over where it came from for awhile, too. I think there's an instrumental version of Young Girl Sunday Blues tacked onto the end of the reissue of After Bathing at Baxter's, too. I don't know about the other albums, though.
"War's good business, so give your sons
But I'd rather have my country die for me" ~ Grace Slick, Rejoyce 1967
Box Of Rain

Postby knight of ni on Sat Apr 02, 2005 5:07 am

Yup, the instrumental version of "Young Girl Sunday Blues" is stuck onto the end of "Things Are Better in the East" which is another great song. I love the "surprise tracks"! They're a fun way to end the albums.[/list]
Jelly and juice and bubbles...bubbles on the floor
knight of ni

Re: White Rabbit (mono single version)

Postby Grace on Tue May 03, 2005 12:10 am

Whiterabbit wrote:I have the 2003 re-release of Surrealistic Pillow. White Rabbit (mono single version) is included and is about 2:30. At the end of that track is a nice instrumental track (in stereo). This is included as part of track 17, which is White Rabbit (mono single version), with a second or two of space. I am wondering what this track is. Any information is helpful, thanks.

I also have the album...so when I heard "White Rabbit" (demo version), I never really listened to the whole song, but not long ago I (for some reason I listened to the whole song I guess it was because I was too lazy to get up and change the song or something)heard the stereo version and I too think it's awesome. I believe it's one of the songs on the the album, but every time I listen to it I'm always lazy to get up and search, sorry no info (just sharing my thoughts :D )
The Smashing Pumpkins
Grace

White Rabbit

Postby queen gemini on Tue May 24, 2005 9:10 am

Thank you Grace for writing this song something to remind me of my mother and we had a bond together cause of your song and now she's passed away and the one thing I can remember about her is that she loved this song alot. :)
queengemini415
queen gemini

Return to Jefferson Airplane Discussions