Page 8 of 9

Re: The JA Visual Icon

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:00 am
by Susan Butcher
How about Tiny Tim for the fourth head? That would be funny for about five minutes, so it could be worth the effort.

Re: The JA Visual Icon

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:21 am
by babson
Susan Butcher wrote:How about Tiny Tim for the fourth head? That would be funny for about five minutes, so it could be worth the effort.


Tip Toe thru the Tulips huh. Laughing for 8 hours was an important part of the Hippie Culture. I'm OK with it :lol:

Think I am kicked off. Every time I try to post I get

You cannot make another post so soon after your last.

Same thing if I try to send a private message to Adam Walker

IMy last post got a date of Aug 2011. I deleted it but still get the above error. No response from info@jeffersonairplane.com. Guess I am degraded to readonly and edit my own post. Had fun though.

Re: The JA Visual Icon

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:55 pm
by Susan Butcher
To get back to a JA "icon" image, I think this is mine:

Image

There they are in an artistic mess, which for me represents the ideal living enviroment. It's just a pity I can't keep my mess clean.

Re: The JA Visual Icon

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:26 am
by plasticfantastic
That's a fantastic photo! I've never seen that one!

Thanks for posting... that might just be my new Jefferson Airplane icon image as well.

Re: The JA Visual Icon

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:50 pm
by Susan Butcher
It is good, isn't it? I think it's from the same photo session as the shot on the back of "Bless Its Pointed".

Re: The JA Visual Icon

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:37 pm
by jimmie ray
"Alas, poor Jorma - I knew him well"

Re: The JA Visual Icon

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:17 pm
by Susan Butcher
I like the transparent head with the eyes popping out. I'm sure that means something!

Re: The JA Visual Icon

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:06 am
by jimmie ray
babson wrote:Think I am kicked off. Every time I try to post I get

You cannot make another post so soon after your last.

Same thing if I try to send a private message to Adam Walker

IMy last post got a date of Aug 2011. I deleted it but still get the above error. No response from info@jeffersonairplane.com. Guess I am degraded to readonly and edit my own post. Had fun though.


I bumped your dilemma up, so maybe someone will see it and help. I've had problems posting on this forum a while back, but not recently. The other forum I used to post on did some upgrade, and I had alot of problems and gave up. The mods told me to use a different browser, but I'm hesitant to change anything at my end. Hope this helps!

Re: The JA Visual Icon

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 8:08 pm
by Susan Butcher
The only problem I've had since the change is the "Active Topics", which shows nothing even when there's new posts.

Re: The JA Visual Icon

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 3:54 pm
by usedtobebabson
Well info@jeffersonairplane.com had this to say.

Hi - please create a new username account to post to the forums.

--
Jefferson Airplane Inc.

Maybe they thought I didn't have an account at all because I had some trouble with my email was already in use.

Now to see if this can get posted.

Re: The JA Visual Icon

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 8:11 am
by usedtobebabson
Here's a woodstock '69 pic I found. Guess what PF? The girl on the trunk of the car has on the exact same shoes/mocs, I was wearing back then.

Image

Re: The JA Visual Icon

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 7:44 pm
by plasticfantastic
Ooooh, great photo, Babson! Thanks!

It amazes me that there aren't any pictures, or even any footage of backstage at Woodstock... Well, I use the term backstage loosely, because as I understand there really wasn't one. Just basically behind the stage. Does anyone know the story with that?

And those moccasins are pretty awesome.

Re: The JA Visual Icon

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:03 pm
by Susan Butcher
Erk! Reminds me of summer holiday traffic jams in England.

Moccasins are fairy easy to make, I've heard. Two bits of suede per foot.

Re: The JA Visual Icon

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:35 am
by usedtobebabson
Yeah, but these mocs would really make your trip :) At first you could only get them in a small leather shop near Smith College, but he must have sold the cut, and they showed up at some huge factory outlet in Maine.

Re: The JA Visual Icon

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:41 am
by usedtobebabson
plasticfantastic wrote:Ooooh, great photo, Babson! Thanks!

It amazes me that there aren't any pictures, or even any footage of backstage at Woodstock... Well, I use the term backstage loosely, because as I understand there really wasn't one. Just basically behind the stage. Does anyone know the story with that?

And those moccasins are pretty awesome.


Wasn't at Woodstock, but generally the separation was a Press area between the fans and the stage. Backstage just looked like some trailers and helicopters. So "Onstage", standing to the side or rear was probably the backstage area. I'm just going from the movie.