with all thats going on today in this country

Thoughts, ideas, memories, you name it! Share your favorite stories, albums, tracks and more.

Re: with all thats going on today in this country

Postby plasticfantastic on Thu Oct 15, 2009 6:53 pm

Ohhhhh.... wow......

Is this going to me another Dormouse v. Chasin' Destiny thing? God, I hope not.

Let's try to make peace on this thread. We can all share our opinions without calling each other perverts, or posting our phone numbers. Ensign has the right idea here. Let's all CALM DOWN!

And by the way, I too agree with Susan.
Trouble in mind, lord I'm blue
But I won't be blue always
The sun's gonna shine in my door,
Shine in my back door someday
plasticfantastic

Location: Sunny California, not San Francisco though. If only...

Postby Dormouse on Thu Oct 15, 2009 7:16 pm

I have nothing to do with this feud.

And AmericanBorn is not Chasin-Destiny.

It seems this thread is getting a little hot. Perhaps things should settle down a little before they boil over.
Tune In
Turn On
Drop Out
Dormouse

Postby plasticfantastic on Thu Oct 15, 2009 7:35 pm

I think you misunderstood what I was saying. I was not accusing Americanborn of being anyone he wasn't, nor was I accusing you of having anything to do with this very angry thread.

What I meant was another big feud on this site in general.
plasticfantastic

Postby Dormouse on Thu Oct 15, 2009 7:41 pm

Oh! Okay. Thanks for clearifying that.

Yes, things should cool down soon hopefully.
Tune In
Turn On
Drop Out
Dormouse

Postby EmbryonicRabbit68 on Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:00 pm

See, look what politics did to the forum.Thats why bringing politics into this forum was not the best thing.

"Lucifer, fell a great deal, faraway, feels his breath upon the certain inevitable
I feel the scent on the shelf of life
"Go, now, Go!" I scream at it!For Evil is no companion here
A sound leaks from the sod asunder
Full be the echoes of eternity
For aeons could not count its power
If we lie against its force, we see answers in existence
Not yet undiscovered
As character to life, I have seen the power
And it was good"
Hide, Witch, Hide!
The Good Folks come to Burn Thee
Their Keen Enjoyment hid Behind
The Gothic Mask of Duty!
EmbryonicRabbit68

Postby plasticfantastic on Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:08 pm

You're right. At least this topic should've been in the Open forum instead of the JA one.

I'm gonna say again-- everyone just needs to calm down! If we are going to share our opinions, let's try doing it in a slightly more respectful way. This thread has gotten waaaay out of hand, and we really need to chill.
plasticfantastic

Postby Susan Butcher on Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:32 pm

Thanks, guys. Try to keep it civil, you two. On a site like this we don't really know who we're talking to, or what their motives are. Best not to leap to conclusions.
"I ain't got the blues no more I said"
Susan Butcher

Postby Americanborn on Thu Oct 15, 2009 10:32 pm

plasticfantastic wrote:You're right. At least this topic should've been in the Open forum instead of the JA one.

I'm gonna say again-- everyone just needs to calm down! If we are going to share our opinions, let's try doing it in a slightly more respectful way. This thread has gotten waaaay out of hand, and we really need to chill.

yes , my fault, i noticed that today... the pervert stuff set me off. i know who and what i'm about.. nuff said on that.
Americanborn

Postby Americanborn on Fri Oct 16, 2009 1:22 am

roman wrote:We have not received any request from "americanborn" but will look into this matter seriously. This topic is the latest to test JA.inc patience w/ me. More soon, be cool for crap sake.

what request you waiting for me on ? you got my phone number if you cant pay for it then reverse the charges i will accept them. how about a picture of what i do and my family ?

i'm in the yellow tee , my oldest son , my disabled daughter my other daughter and son and my grandson and grand daughter. my race car with easter seals and childrens hospital on the side. thought i'd save ya some time since no one asked.
Americanborn

Postby okeedoe on Sat Oct 17, 2009 4:50 am

I apologize to everyone on Ja forum.I got a bit paranoid because I had seen too many children blown to pieces in the past.But that is my own personal burden .A spooks in my head which must not hurt any other person.I shall take care that it never happens again.

This is not an excuse, it is only an explanation of my outburst.

That is all I wanted to say about this crap thread.Let us move on in a good direction.
okeedoe

Postby Americanborn on Sat Oct 17, 2009 11:44 am

okeedoe wrote:I apologize to everyone on Ja forum.I got a bit paranoid because I had seen too many children blown to pieces in the past.But that is my own personal burden .A spooks in my head which must not hurt any other person.I shall take care that it never happens again.

This is not an excuse, it is only an explanation of my outburst.

That is all I wanted to say about this crap thread.Let us move on in a good direction.

as it's been said by many to me , it's best to leave "personal " stuff at home . they do have doctors to help out people with problems . it's also been said , if you cant say something nice then dont say nothing . :? i usually follow a practice of if my opinion is constructive then give if because it dont think everyone should think like me and i try to be open minded about life and all that goes on in it. as i said , it's my fault for starting put this is the wrong board.so that being said , if i think a thread is a crap thread then i just keep the crap from my mouth out of it before i make an azz out of myself.
Americanborn

Postby okeedoe on Sat Oct 17, 2009 12:02 pm

You just don't speak to,at or about me anymore.I will do the same,and things will be much easier for all of us here.I am sure we can agree on that.

Anyhow , for the sake of peace on this forum this is my last adressing to you.
okeedoe

Postby babson on Thu Dec 03, 2009 3:08 pm

Americanborn wrote:yea , it is good .... i just think it's time for us ole hippies to get America back again... people today just dont care and it's time for a reminder. :wink:

My wife and I have been saying this for years. "Where are we all", "What happened to the rest of us".

Speculated that many who weren't already dead, had gotten tooo high and ran to fundamentalist religion, or Democrats or Republicans to do the hard thinking for them.
Where have all the young men gone?
Long time ago
Gone for soldiers every one
When will they ever learn?
babson

Postby Americanborn on Thu Dec 03, 2009 3:14 pm

yes , somewhere we have kinda drifted away from our traditions. it's coming back , but slowly. the tea party's are a great example.
Americanborn

Postby babson on Thu Dec 03, 2009 3:28 pm

Susan Butcher wrote:America is a puzzling place. Why is there so much poverty in such a wealthy country? What on earth do you mean when you say "Freedom"? Why is the gloved hand always reaching for the big stick?

Poverty makes military recruiting easier. Keeps thinking narrow (about what the government is up to). Easier to oppress and control. The military has brought many a person and family out of poverty. Many people were saved from a life of crime by joining the military.

When we say freedom - we mean freedom from the government.

Our government is terrified of peace, almost as much as they are terrified about the superior weapon of destruction.

Our foreign tours are kept going mainly to test our weapons in actual combat situations, build the military and combat experience the troops, and to make a lot of money. The rest is just psychological bullshit, to push the people's buttons. We create the situations, then we start up the foreign tours and war for it.

We need a new government or a new people's party, that would refuse to debate or sling mud with the Republicans or Democrats. We need a new government that embraces the values of the Hippie culture. We need an end to these bullshit foreign tours.

America's government should be very grateful for the Hippie culture, instead of trying to snuff it for the last 40 years. We gave this country the character the rest of the world wanted see. Without us America would have been seen by the rest of the world as the greedy warmonging bastards they were.
Last edited by babson on Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Where have all the young men gone?
Long time ago
Gone for soldiers every one
babson

PreviousNext

Return to Jefferson Airplane Discussions