with all thats going on today in this country

Thoughts, ideas, memories, you name it! Share your favorite stories, albums, tracks and more.

Re: with all thats going on today in this country

Postby Americanborn on Wed Oct 14, 2009 4:58 pm

no , i dont think it needs changing. i think you misunderstood me. why i bring this up is , back when jefferson airplane was around was about like it is getting today. government speaking for us particularly the vietnam war. they spoke out thru songs as many did , then protesting and what happened .. remember kent state. the song american pie . etc... i think it's starting over again and in the form of change . but again , it's typical "lies " . thats where i'm taking it. the teapartys are in a sense jefferson airplane ! in my view and mine only , government is taking over about everything even things like this. i'm not coaching kids or anyone ... just saying look around and see whats happening...
Americanborn

Postby EmbryonicRabbit68 on Wed Oct 14, 2009 5:43 pm

Ok, first of all dont compare the tea partys to the Airplane.These assholes who still believe Bush is god, and voted for McCain, are protesting everyone in America being able to receive health care.Thats what they are protesting.No, not how we have literally destroyed two nations, half the nation is in debt and loosing their homes and lives to a government that is in turn in debt to China!Billions in debt!Not to mention theres starving children in Africa that are either mining the diamonds that these politicians and leaders buy all the time, or being made into soldiers so they can go kill other "different" people in Africa over feuds started by Europeans hundreds of years ago.No, they protest the chance that Everyone in America can be treated if they get sick or are injured.Jefferson Airplane should have nothing to do with any of that.They were some of the highest talented musicians and songwritters this world has ever seen, not protesters.They just happen to exist in a time when people were expanding their minds not only musically, but politically.
Hide, Witch, Hide!
The Good Folks come to Burn Thee
Their Keen Enjoyment hid Behind
The Gothic Mask of Duty!
EmbryonicRabbit68

Postby Americanborn on Wed Oct 14, 2009 6:19 pm

your not getting my point. teapartys have nothing to do with bush . but nice try. jefferson airplane has always been awesome and stood up for whats right . expanding minds is one thing.. take over is another. and take over has nothing to do with using your mind. i do think in the 60's thats what was going on with war .but you can look at it how ever you want.
Americanborn

Postby plasticfantastic on Wed Oct 14, 2009 6:33 pm

Ensign wrote:What's going on in this country today is divisiveness, partisanship, and fear-mongering.
Most of the people in power don't want change because... they're in power. Duh!
It's up to the people to make a difference. It always has been. Activism is not a dirty word.
Now get off your half-moons and get to work making change for the better.
(Off the soap box now.)[/quote

I honestly think that you're saying this better than anyone. If our whole country could stop our ego-trips and try to find common ground, maybe there would be change.

EmbryonicRabbit68 wrote:Jefferson Airplane should have nothing to do with any of that.They were some of the highest talented musicians and songwritters this world has ever seen, not protesters.They just happen to exist in a time when people were expanding their minds not only musically, but politically.

THis is too true. We can't forget that the band broke up maaaany years ago. Although it would be really amazing for them to step up and say something, it really isn't their responsibility more than it is anyone else's. Instead of focusing on JA, let's talk about the country in general-- Why aren't more people in general stepping up?
Trouble in mind, lord I'm blue
But I won't be blue always
The sun's gonna shine in my door,
Shine in my back door someday
plasticfantastic

Location: Sunny California, not San Francisco though. If only...

Postby Americanborn on Wed Oct 14, 2009 7:43 pm

plasticfantastic wrote:
Ensign wrote:What's going on in this country today is divisiveness, partisanship, and fear-mongering.
Most of the people in power don't want change because... they're in power. Duh!
It's up to the people to make a difference. It always has been. Activism is not a dirty word.
Now get off your half-moons and get to work making change for the better.
(Off the soap box now.)[/quote

I honestly think that you're saying this better than anyone. If our whole country could stop our ego-trips and try to find common ground, maybe there would be change.

EmbryonicRabbit68 wrote:Jefferson Airplane should have nothing to do with any of that.They were some of the highest talented musicians and songwritters this world has ever seen, not protesters.They just happen to exist in a time when people were expanding their minds not only musically, but politically.

THis is too true. We can't forget that the band broke up maaaany years ago. Although it would be really amazing for them to step up and say something, it really isn't their responsibility more than it is anyone else's. Instead of focusing on JA, let's talk about the country in general-- Why aren't more people in general stepping up?

yes , you have the idea. i know they broke up but back then they were the voice of the people sorta speak. they were against in my thinking an irresponsible government. and thus today, the tea party has came about . why ? because government isnt doing something right and Constitutionally. i'm not saying everyone must agree with me , but really take a look .

people are speaking up but now democrats dont want to hear it, they cancel town hall meetings and when they do have one they dont get heard. here in illinois durbin plain flat wont have one , why ? because he says they get out of hand... the only ones getting out of hand is when seiu members show up at them. people everyday are getting tired of how government has seemed to take it in their power to make decisions for us and thats not their jobs... ok , i spoke what i see .. so it's just my opinion and only that. we are on what he are taught.
Americanborn

Postby plasticfantastic on Wed Oct 14, 2009 8:28 pm

I don't think this has anything to do with either party inandofitself. Instead of pointing fingers, we should be doing everything we can to unite as a country and try to make things better.
Trouble in mind, lord I'm blue
But I won't be blue always
The sun's gonna shine in my door,
Shine in my back door someday
plasticfantastic

Location: Sunny California, not San Francisco though. If only...

Postby Americanborn on Wed Oct 14, 2009 8:42 pm

plasticfantastic wrote:I don't think this has anything to do with either party inandofitself. Instead of pointing fingers, we should be doing everything we can to unite as a country and try to make things better.

LOL , thats the problem now especially over healthcare. it's not the problems getting fixed it's a party wanting to reinvent it. thats the deal with politicans, they find where the money is and goes from there instead of the easy way. trying to repair whats there and improve it. right against the left and visa versa. it's like being in a school yards reasoning with 1st graders ..LOL !!
Americanborn

Postby Americanborn on Wed Oct 14, 2009 8:54 pm

EmbryonicRabbit68 , going back to your first post and not knowing how old you are now, you have a lot of anger from way back when you were young. and thats really sad and i can say this, i've been there but no maybe as bad as you. it gave me a push tho. i have been bound and determined to make sure i make things happen for myself and not depend on others. by that i mean governments and rich people . my richness comes from what i accomplish and if i dont i can blame only me. i help people who need it or help them find help. i have a daughter with disabilities and she the best thing to ever happen to me and i raise your by myself, she is with me basically 20 out of 24 hours a day. she goes to school and then is with me . i race stock cars when i can and she's with me then. if i go to appointments or whatever she is with me. that being said , you would not believe some of the worst comments i hear from people or the looks. i work part time because i have to be with her just in case. i dont feel anyone owes me but i dont think the opportunity's out there should be available and now they are not. it seems too many people with power have more say than me.. the power struggle to say whats better for me than me deciding . example , telling me i'm obese or i drink sugar drinks or if i eat hardee's or mcdonalds... see my point, this country works because of freedoms whether it's from being fat , skinny , drinking soda or eat fast foods. everything work together.
Americanborn

Postby Americanborn on Wed Oct 14, 2009 8:57 pm

plasticfantastic wrote:I don't think this has anything to do with either party inandofitself. Instead of pointing fingers, we should be doing everything we can to unite as a country and try to make things better.

you are right on...WE THE PEOPLE and thats how it does get fixed. Ronald Reagan said this... government is'nt the solution , it's the problem ! :shock:
Americanborn

Postby Americanborn on Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:13 pm

i just wonder if any of the jefferson airplane members reads this forum ? it would be neat if they did write some more songs. i think my favorites is volunteers and nothings gonna stop us now.
Americanborn

Postby Susan Butcher on Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:15 pm

I'm in Australia, and here's my outsider's point of view. America wastes its public money on wars. You could have a public health system without increased taxation if you weren't such fanatics. If you didn't like "government meddling" you could pay for private treatment, or insure yourself. (I wouldn't. Insurance companies are generally a bunch of crooks.) What's so dreadful about that? Do you really think the Founding Fathers would spin in their graves?
"I ain't got the blues no more I said"
Susan Butcher

Postby Americanborn on Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:21 pm

Susan Butcher wrote:I'm in Australia, and here's my outsider's point of view. America wastes its public money on wars. You could have a public health system without increased taxation if you weren't such fanatics. If you didn't like "government meddling" you could pay for private treatment, or insure yourself. (I wouldn't. Insurance companies are generally a bunch of crooks.) What's so dreadful about that? Do you really think the Founding Fathers would spin in their graves?

ahh Australia , if i was ever to move from here thats where'd i go. i dont like the gun laws there and a couple other things but i do think i'd like it there. they even race stock cars there. cant agree with you more, our government is too irresponsible with money . they have put restrictions on insurance companys and them turn around blaming them , and yes , they have been crooks but thats changing. they are coming around a little the last couple years. but , your right on the money. i'd still love to go to Australia , my youngest son said he'd like to see too. my name is steve and it's nice to meet you and others.
Americanborn

Postby Dormouse on Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:29 pm

It is good to know brainwashing is alive and well in America.
Tune In
Turn On
Drop Out
Dormouse

Postby EmbryonicRabbit68 on Thu Oct 15, 2009 1:42 am

Well first of all, its still way back when i was young.Im 15, i was born in 1994.But yeah i was angry until recently, i almost got militant revolutionary, not kidding.But, ive become so sick with politics and all that.Music is my purpose.And im glad you take care of your daughter like that, it seems to be a rarity in this country anymore.More importantly, kids should not only reach out to their parents to change the government, but also do something about all those parents who dont care about their kids.And because people like us are differant, we like music, look and dress differant, and believe there are other ways to live, is why we get crap from people who are too afraid to non-conform.So to not care about those people is best, and thats where art and racing stock cars comes in.

Anyway, im so sick of talking about politics, im bidding my farewell to this topic.I will leave with a sarcastic and cynical way of looking at it, Eric Idle with "Always Look On The Bright Side of Life"-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WlBiLNN1NhQ
Hide, Witch, Hide!
The Good Folks come to Burn Thee
Their Keen Enjoyment hid Behind
The Gothic Mask of Duty!
EmbryonicRabbit68

Postby Americanborn on Thu Oct 15, 2009 1:54 am

EmbryonicRabbit68 wrote:Well first of all, its still way back when i was young.Im 15, i was born in 1994.But yeah i was angry until recently, i almost got militant revolutionary, not kidding.But, ive become so sick with politics and all that.Music is my purpose.And im glad you take care of your daughter like that, it seems to be a rarity in this country anymore.More importantly, kids should not only reach out to their parents to change the government, but also do something about all those parents who dont care about their kids.And because people like us are differant, we like music, look and dress differant, and believe there are other ways to live, is why we get crap from people who are too afraid to non-conform.So to not care about those people is best, and thats where art and racing stock cars comes in.

Anyway, im so sick of talking about politics, im bidding my farewell to this topic.I will leave with a sarcastic and cynical way of looking at it, Eric Idle with "Always Look On The Bright Side of Life"-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WlBiLNN1NhQ

i like hearing from ya . i see where your at and i really hope things are a lot better for you now. i'll say this , if ever you need anything that i can help with just ask. i do a lot of work with kids with disabilities and i love to help people. i do a christmas deal for a child at christmas time and i just get so much happiness watching those kids faces light up. and i mean it, if ever you need something that i can do , you got it. heres a little thing i believe in , to finish first , you must first finish !
Americanborn

PreviousNext

Return to Jefferson Airplane Discussions