with all thats going on today in this country

Thoughts, ideas, memories, you name it! Share your favorite stories, albums, tracks and more.

Re: with all thats going on today in this country

Postby okeedoe on Tue Oct 13, 2009 5:17 am

Tell me, friend,why are you here?
Although I have a pretty good idea already, I'd like to hear about your reasons spoken in your own words.
Last edited by okeedoe on Tue Oct 13, 2009 6:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
okeedoe

Postby Americanborn on Tue Oct 13, 2009 6:20 am

okeedoe wrote:Tell me, friend,why are you here?
Although I know that already, I'd like to hear about your reasons spoken in your own words.

are you asking me ? maybe i can ask , why are you here ? so assuming your talking to me i'll let you know. i've heard and followed jefferson airplane from the mid sixties til today and even when they changed their name to jefferson starship. they sang about the rejection of war in the sixties and if you would have read my first post i was trying to get so attention that maybe it's time they came back out and stood up again against another war . this war against the American people. which is my opinion and millions of others. we have a war in iraq , afgan , here in America. jefferson airplane is a star among what an out of control establishment is about.this country is lossing the identity we have had for century's. we are unique and now it appears that it's wanted changed from people who dont like what we are about. agree or disagree , jefferson airplane are iconic in reference to a corrupt establishment.

i think in prior reply's from what has been acknowledged or assumed to be kids by their admitting they were 13 , i see that kids need to talk with their parents about their concerns as i referred them to do . kids need heard to and i think from their replies they have legitimate concerns and possibly some depression about how society is today. i think someone said they were amased on how can we been so poor in a wealthy country. you know what i think.. these kids on here can be the answer to stand up to what has been called "change" and i think that would be very healthy for their family and not to say for this country .
Last edited by Americanborn on Tue Oct 13, 2009 6:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Americanborn

Postby okeedoe on Tue Oct 13, 2009 6:25 am

Yes,you can.Ask me.
okeedoe

Postby okeedoe on Tue Oct 13, 2009 6:36 am

Ok,then.Do your research through the forums and ask me later.
okeedoe

Postby Americanborn on Tue Oct 13, 2009 6:37 am

okeedoe wrote:Yes,you can.Ask me.

ok , i answered you . now let er rip tater chip on why your here. :D
Americanborn

Postby Americanborn on Tue Oct 13, 2009 6:39 am

okeedoe wrote:Ok,then.Do your research through the forums and ask me later.

why make it work to do the research when you can tell me. i guess what i'm sayin is , hey jefferson airplane... we need ya out here like we did back in the 60's !!
Americanborn

Postby okeedoe on Tue Oct 13, 2009 7:04 am

Yes,Ok.But don't go trying to indoctrinate or manipulate the kids.This not the place to propagate politics ,ideology,religion,etc.If you have a good intentions then leave the kids out of it.Let them do their own thinking.
okeedoe

Postby Americanborn on Tue Oct 13, 2009 7:25 am

i do believe thats what i asked them to do is talk with their parents and if you read what they said i think they were giving me info. i dont believe i was manipulating anything. they expressed how they felt and i told them to talk with their parents. i gave an opinion and i also acted and replied as a concerned parent of which i am .
Americanborn

Postby redrabid on Tue Oct 13, 2009 1:59 pm

"Nostalgy is a charming liar". I would leave "charming" out. Again this distorted, romantic view of the 60s. I find that disturbing. Here you can read why.
redrabid

Postby Americanborn on Tue Oct 13, 2009 2:39 pm

romantic view of the 60's is a lie? can you define what your getting at ? other than the war what was so bad about the 60's.
Americanborn

Postby redrabid on Tue Oct 13, 2009 3:04 pm

For the answer, boys and girls, read books, good books. Ask your teacher.
redrabid

Postby Americanborn on Tue Oct 13, 2009 3:48 pm

redrabid wrote:For the answer, boys and girls, read books, good books. Ask your teacher.

ask a teacher ? read books ? like from micheal moore ? LOL ! what happened to the parents ? teachers i hear about today are teaching kids to sing songs about politicians , some teach what they believe in . i think the kids need to speak more with their parents.theres a real world out there , books are fine for like mystery's , love story's etc.. but reality my friend is what gets you thru life. but if that your kick... i agree .
Americanborn

Postby plasticfantastic on Tue Oct 13, 2009 6:39 pm

You know, I don't really feel like this is a question of "indocterinating" or ""manipulating" anybody.

At least for me, I already had these beliefs before I came to this forum. No one gave them to me, and I've formed them myself, with no one's help. I already felt this way, and I don't feel like expressing my beliefs is necessarily a bad thing. If you disagree with me, that's really fine, but I don't feel like it's fair to say that I've been manipulated by anyone.

By the way, I don't think that everything in the 60s was all that romantic. All that I was referring to was the fact that there were many people from the youth generation who were willing to speak out about politics. There wasn't as much apathy in the roughly 13-21 age group as exists today.

Sorry if I wasn't too clear on that.
Trouble in mind, lord I'm blue
But I won't be blue always
The sun's gonna shine in my door,
Shine in my back door someday
plasticfantastic

Location: Sunny California, not San Francisco though. If only...

Postby Americanborn on Tue Oct 13, 2009 6:57 pm

no apologies in order here. i may have sounded like i was getting out of hand but i assure you i wasnt . i think it's great if the kids and parents can communicate today on the issues. parents can be helpful with the past and kids with the future. my apologies if i seemed to be to extreme.. but i'm sick the way things have been going.
Americanborn

Postby plasticfantastic on Tue Oct 13, 2009 7:01 pm

Definitely not!

I don't think that what you're saying is at all extreme. On the contrary, I agree with you on basically all counts. I think that it's fantastic that kids and parents can communicate on issues like this, and believe me, I definitely do my share.

I was referring to this post in the second paragraph of my response:
okeedoe wrote:Yes,Ok.But don't go trying to indoctrinate or manipulate the kids.This not the place to propagate politics ,ideology,religion,etc.If you have a good intentions then leave the kids out of it.Let them do their own thinking.

And this post in the third paragraph:
redrabid wrote:"Nostalgy is a charming liar". I would leave "charming" out. Again this distorted, romantic view of the 60s. I find that disturbing. Here you can read why.
Trouble in mind, lord I'm blue
But I won't be blue always
The sun's gonna shine in my door,
Shine in my back door someday
plasticfantastic

Location: Sunny California, not San Francisco though. If only...

PreviousNext

Return to Jefferson Airplane Discussions