Please critique my JA article

Thoughts, ideas, memories, you name it! Share your favorite stories, albums, tracks and more.

Please critique my JA article

Postby strutzin on Wed Apr 08, 2009 12:36 pm

Wow, a real groovy forum! =0)

Growing up, I always enjoyed the psychedelic tunes of Jefferson Airplane but did not know that much about them until I decided to write an article on them. So I've watched many of their live shows and interviews and here it is http://www.woodstockstory.com/jeffersonairplane.html.
Some feedback would be greatly appreciated (article, site, design). Thanks, peace.
strutzin

Re: Please critique my JA article

Postby okeedoe on Wed Apr 08, 2009 2:40 pm

Marty's last name is Balin(born Martyn Jerel Buchwald)not Bralin.. Grace Slick wasn't the final member to get aboard.
Spencer Dryden quit the band in February 1970 to be replaced with Joey Covington .Covington introduced to the band the violinist ''Papa''John Creach who was invited to join.
John Barbata from The Turtles,(drummer) played on most of the last of their album(Long John Silver,1972) and David Freiberg(vocals) joined on album's promotion tour before the final dissolution after the last two concerts at Winterland in San Francisco(September 21-22).

Welcome strutzin!
okeedoe

Postby Lilla on Fri Apr 24, 2009 2:51 pm

Yes, there are two, or three little mistakes but you did a great job. :wink:
'No matter how big or soft or warm your bed is, you still have to get out of it' - Gracie
Lilla

Postby plasticfantastic on Mon Jun 29, 2009 11:33 pm

I think it's really great. It gives a good, comprehensive overview of the band's career.

I may add that Surrealistic Pillow came to #5 on the American charts, just behind The Beatles, The Rolling Stones, The Monkees, and The Doors. I believe that's the highest that any Airplane album got on the charts, so it may be a good thing to mention.

My only other remark is that in one place, you wrote Casaday instead of Casady. Overall, really nice work.
Trouble in mind, lord I'm blue
But I won't be blue always
The sun's gonna shine in my door,
Shine in my back door someday
plasticfantastic

Location: Sunny California, not San Francisco though. If only...

Return to Jefferson Airplane Discussions