Are Jefferson Airplane the Best Mixed-Gender Band Ever?

Thoughts, ideas, memories, you name it! Share your favorite stories, albums, tracks and more.

Are Jefferson Airplane the Best Mixed-Gender Band Ever?

Postby maxjtotsky on Sat Mar 07, 2009 6:36 pm

According to my favorite website http://www.rankopedia.com they are way down the list at #22. :(. But have no fear fans! You can just register for the site (very fast and easy and free), and then click on "I Want To Vote" in the right side of the page. Then you vote for at least three candidates and there you go. You just gave Jefferson Airplane a boost of energy. I guarentee, after you do this, their place will rise. I hope to see you soon at rankopedia and here is the link! Hope to see Jefferson Airplane make to top 20 soon!

Here is the link to the ranking!

http://www.rankopedia.com/ZoneID=3/1219 ... /15283.htm

HAVE FUN!!!
maxjtotsky

Re: Are Jefferson Airplane the Best Mixed-Gender Band Ever?

Postby LatherPCL on Mon Mar 09, 2009 4:05 pm

It's tough to say who is the best. I am a fan of many. Jefferson Airplane may not have gotten many votes, because, as far as mixed gender groups go, you can't really call them mixed. You take away Signe Toly Anderson and Grace Slick and they are not mixed-gender. I forgot how many women were in Fleetwood Mac. I know Stevie Nicks was a member. I think The Friends Of Distinction were 2 women and 2 men. The 5th Dimension were 2 women and 3 men. The Cowsills were 2 women and 3 men. Joan Jett and The Blackhearts, Spanky And Our Gang, and The Pretenders had only one woman. DeBarge had men and women. The Jets were another. And The Seekers were mixed-gender. You could go by how many hits each group had, but it's all a matter of opinion. For me, it's a tie between Jefferson Airplane and The 5th Dimension. A poll can't tell you who to like. Polls aren't really all that important to me. It's who I like that counts.
LatherPCL

Postby PsychedelicRabbit on Wed Mar 11, 2009 5:11 pm

I wouldn't say they are the best mixed-gender band, but they're good at keeping at least one female in the band throughout the years. :)
With you standing here I could tell the world what it means to love
To go on from here I can't use words, they don't say enough
PsychedelicRabbit

Postby maxjtotsky on Sat Mar 14, 2009 5:13 am

Well good news guys (and gals). Fans have voted them up from #22 to #15! Maybe if you join you could sneak them into the top 10! There are some disgusting choices over them...Black Eyed Peas, ugh! So knock 'em up! Don't be afraid. It is free! I am a JA fan as well and want to see them higher!

http://www.rankopedia.com/ZoneID=3/2033 ... /15283.htm
maxjtotsky

Postby missbaxter on Thu Mar 19, 2009 3:43 pm

jefferson airplane is so much higher above all the other bands on that list that they shouldnt even be on it at all... no one can compare to jefferson airplane and especially Grace. so who even gives a shit about some stupid mixed gender list of bands...? i know i dont, because i already know who the number 1 band is, mixed gender or not.
[b]Through literacy you can begin to see the world, with music you can reach anyone. Between the two there is you, unstoppable.[/b]
missbaxter

Postby TakeMeOnYourFlight on Fri May 29, 2009 12:40 pm

I don't care about lists like this either. Who is the best is music in highly subjective. Just like what you like.
Last edited by TakeMeOnYourFlight on Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I know it's hard to defend an unpopular policy once in a while." - Zappa
TakeMeOnYourFlight

Postby osagebowler48 on Sun May 31, 2009 4:19 pm

I thought one LP by Scandal was pretty hot. Patty Smythe was great, and they suffered a little, I think in business terms, from a confusion with another woman with a similar name.

Lane in Illinois
osagebowler48

Postby graceslick on Fri Jun 12, 2009 1:47 am

My 2 absolute fav bands are JA and Fleetwood Mac. JA had only one woman, Grace, but WHAT A WOMAN! You wouldn't need or want anymore! Fleetwood Mac had Stevie and Christine McVie (who has now retired), and I think that was the perfect balance in their circumstances.
graceslick

Postby graceslick on Sat Jun 13, 2009 6:46 am

She surely is, lordy lordy :mrgreen:
graceslick

Postby Susan Butcher on Sun Jun 14, 2009 12:18 am

I'd probably say Henry Cow, because they were great, nearly half-and-half, and almost forgotten these days. I wouldn't really care if they weren't the "best", I vote to tilt things.
"I ain't got the blues no more I said"
Susan Butcher

Postby Steve on Thu Jun 18, 2009 3:12 pm

I certanly hope The Pentangle and Incredible String Band are up there, but that's a whole different type of music. Currently, I'm loving the Adrian Belew Power Trio, with Julie Slick (no relation to Grace) on bass.
Steve

Return to Jefferson Airplane Discussions