Alice In Wonderland and The White Rabbit

Thoughts, ideas, memories, you name it! Share your favorite stories, albums, tracks and more.

Alice In Wonderland and The White Rabbit

Postby LatherPCL on Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:03 pm

I have read half on "Alice In Wonderland" already with the famous "Tea Party" coming up. It's a great read. It is great to read about the "White Rabbit". Besides JA's "White Rabbit" what other songs about Alice can you think of? Right now "Through The Looking Glass" by The Monkees comes to mind and Tom Petty did an "Alice In Wonderland" themed video for "Don't Come Around Here No More".
LatherPCL

Re: Alice In Wonderland and The White Rabbit

Postby LatherPCL on Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:49 pm

I don't know that that song was a song about the Alice from "Alice In Wonderland", but the girl's name was Alice. I think an expression from "Alice In Wonderland" got mentioned in "The Long And WInding Road" by The Beatles like the line that goes :

The wild and windy night
That the rain washed away
Has left "a pool of tears"
Crying for the day
Why leave me standing here
Let me know the way

"A Pool Of Tears" could have been inspired by Alice's pool of tears when she was 10 feet tall. I remember a song from "American Graffiti" called "The Stroll" in which the singer talks about strolling through "Wonderland". And a most glaring inspiration is The Beatle's "I Am The Walrus". I think John Lennon said he was inspired by "Alice In Wonderland" when composing "Do You Want To Know A Secret". That's about all I can think of right now
LatherPCL

Postby okeedoe on Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:07 pm

You sure took your time,Lather.What have you been waiting for, until now?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjMdoY9d ... re=related

Hypnogaya....have you heard of them?
Last edited by okeedoe on Sat Feb 14, 2009 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
okeedoe

Postby LatherPCL on Wed Feb 11, 2009 11:30 pm

okeedoe wrote:You sure took your time,Lather.What have you been waiting for, until now?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjMdoY9d ... re=related

Hypnogaya....did you hear of them?

Took my time doing what? Reading Lewis Carrol? If it's that, then I just got through reading "Duma Key" by Stephen King and I have now gotten halfway through "Alice's Adventures In Wonderland". Good video, but their name is Hypnogaja, I think and no, I haven't heard of them. Got my head stuck in the 60s and 70s.
LatherPCL

Postby Susan Butcher on Thu Feb 12, 2009 2:03 am

"What would you do if the clock ran backwards, and over the wall was a magic mirror?"

There must be hundreds of Lewis Carrol references in pop songs.
"I ain't got the blues no more I said"
Susan Butcher

Return to Jefferson Airplane Discussions