Where does Grace live now?

Thoughts, ideas, memories, you name it! Share your favorite stories, albums, tracks and more.

Where does Grace live now?

Postby LatherPCL on Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:54 am

Where does Grace live now? Is it Malibu, CA? The reason I'm asking is that I was going to tell you all about a "Grace Slick" page on Myspace.com, but I searched the forum and this has been discussed before. It is kind of doubtful that it is her, but I can't tell. She doesn't seem to be the type to be a net-aholic that would go on Myspace. The page I found lists her home city as Malibu, CA. It seems that would be where she lives, but I would have to read the end of her auto-biography again assuming she hasn't moved to a different city since that book came out. The thing that sticks out at me is that the Myspace page seems to be nothing more than an advertisement. If it is her, I would love to be one of her Myspace friends.
LatherPCL

Re: Where does Grace live now?

Postby Susan Butcher on Thu Feb 05, 2009 8:25 pm

Now you're asking! If I was her, I wouldn't bother. This is already the defacto Grace Slick website.

That television design does look nice, but wouldn't a teak wall-unit entertainment centre be more appropriate?
"I ain't got the blues no more I said"
Susan Butcher

Postby PsychedelicRabbit on Fri Feb 06, 2009 5:36 pm

Tra la la la la. *edited post*
With you standing here I could tell the world what it means to love
To go on from here I can't use words, they don't say enough
PsychedelicRabbit

Postby Susan Butcher on Sun Feb 08, 2009 8:49 pm

Rabbit, am I to assume from the tone of your "tra la la la la" that you know where Grace lives?
Susan Butcher

Postby PsychedelicRabbit on Sun Feb 08, 2009 8:52 pm

Susan Butcher wrote:Rabbit, am I to assume from the tone of your "tra la la la la" that you know where Grace lives?

No. But I do know people shouldn't assume that Grace doesn't go online.
That's all I'll say about that.

As for where she lives, all I know it's in Malibu somewhere in California.

And also, does it seem to anyone that everytime I go on here, someone likes to misunderstand what I say? Take everything I say the wrong way? Yup. It's also usually the same person. So, therefore, I won't be posting for a few months again.
With you standing here I could tell the world what it means to love
To go on from here I can't use words, they don't say enough
PsychedelicRabbit

Postby LatherPCL on Sun Feb 08, 2009 10:12 pm

The only reason I asked this question was to ascertain the authenticity of the Myspace page. The only time I would want to know the exact address is if I was invited by Grace herself to have dinner at her place. I respect her privacy and hate the papparazzi. I would think that the picture on a real Grace Slick page to be more up-to-date than the one I saw.
LatherPCL

Postby Susan Butcher on Thu Feb 12, 2009 2:58 am

Misunderstanding is sometimes because this here is just a stream of electrons rather than a bunch of people together. That's my excuse.
Susan Butcher

Postby okeedoe on Thu Feb 12, 2009 4:25 am

Susan Butcher wrote:Misunderstanding is sometimes because this here is just a stream of electrons rather than a bunch of people together. That's my excuse.

That is the truth.You are right,live conversation is needed for basic understanding.This is almost nothing.What kind of perception can we have talkinkg this way to another person?We know nothing about one another.God knows what images of one another we have in our heads.I am so glad that awful fire didn't reach your town, my dear S.Was I just a electronic ghost to you or did you have a feeling as if you were talking to a person who really existed somewhere?
okeedoe

Postby Susan Butcher on Wed Feb 18, 2009 2:43 am

There is a ghostly quality to this kind of communication. It's not that I think you guys aren't real, but there's something real that's missing.
Susan Butcher

Postby okeedoe on Wed Feb 18, 2009 4:08 am

Yes.It is sad for me that we shall never meet in person and get to know each other.Maybe we would have become a good friends if we had met. :roll:
okeedoe

Return to Jefferson Airplane Discussions