Original Masters/Expanded CDs

Thoughts, ideas, memories, you name it! Share your favorite stories, albums, tracks and more.

Original Masters/Expanded CDs

Postby LatherPCL on Mon Feb 02, 2009 6:46 pm

I am a great fan of CD reissues of classic LPs and the recently released(2003-2004, I think) CDs of the first 6 Jefferson Airplane LPs are some of the best LP to CDs I have ever heard. I can tell these CDs weren't rushed and it makes it even better to have bonus tracks with "Go To Her(Versions 1 and 2)" and "Would You Like A Snack" being among the best of the bonus tracks. I just thought of something: Is "The Worst Of Jefferson Airplane" among these same reissues or is it separate? I have found a 2 disc reissue of "Long John Silver" and "Bark" and an expensive import of "30 Seconds Over Winterland". Should I get "LJS", "Bark", and "30 Sec. Over Winterland" now or is there a chance that they could release "Origina Masters/Expanded" releases of these LPs as well? And one last question: What is your opinion of the most recent reissues of the JA LPs? Do you agree with my thoughts on them or have something to add?
LatherPCL

Return to Jefferson Airplane Discussions