Come Again: Toucan

Thoughts, ideas, memories, you name it! Share your favorite stories, albums, tracks and more.

Come Again: Toucan

Postby toadoftheshortforest on Thu Dec 18, 2008 2:05 pm

Hi guys, I've got a question that only you can aswer, I think.
I'm italian and I listen to Jefferson's since 15 years. Unless only 6 years ago I listen to the album Manhole and I set Come Again as (one of) my favorite songs.
I speak a bit of English so I never tried to find lyrics but... since few years ago I tried to search for the lyrics of this song... and I found nothing. Two or three sites got the lyrics of the whole Manhole album but the words of Toucan are not the words I always hear in this song...
Also one of your links sent me to that lyrics... "a floating Miranda..."
I wrote down myself the lyrics of this song by listening but I'm not english, so... the questions:

1. Have I got the wrong song or these sites are wrong?
2. If this song I love is not Toucan (I don't think so) which is the title?
3. If my lyrics are about the right song, can you please tell me if I mistake something?

These are the lyrics... you can find them also in the only site where I posted'em, by searching as "toucan lyrics"

COME AGAIN: TOUCAN
Mistakes are made because words are misuderstood
It's all, all in how you talk
Walking over somebody, sounds like a strange thing to do, but it's all, all in how you are (walk).
Seems like it might be the right thing to say at the time
and I (how d'you) know I probably say it again, gimme just a little taste, gimme just a little taste more
and I'll be flying out, fliyng out the wise and old, old is the whole world,
and I'd just turn around like a baby and I'd crawl, crawl right back inside...

Mistakes are made because words, words are misuderstood
It's all, all in how you talk
Walking over somebody, sounds like a strange thing to do, but it's all, it's all in how you are (walk).
(Well it) Seems like it might be the right thing to say at the time
and I know, know I'll do it again and I'll say it again, gimme just a little, gimme just a little taste more
and I'll be flying, flying out the wise and old, old is the whole world,
and I'd just turn around like a baby and I'd crawl, right back inside...

thanxxx

Z
toadoftheshortforest

Re: Come Again: Toucan

Postby graceslick on Mon Dec 22, 2008 1:17 am

Hey toads (love the Frank Zappa reference, by the way)

The lyrics you wrote down are definitely the words in Come Again Toucan.

So...you mean that this isn't the song you love? Or the lyrics sound different to what you read and wrote down?
graceslick

Postby okeedoe on Mon Dec 22, 2008 7:36 am

Last edited by okeedoe on Sun Feb 08, 2009 4:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
okeedoe

Postby toadoftheshortforest on Thu Jan 29, 2009 9:10 am

graceslick wrote:Hey toads (love the Frank Zappa reference, by the way)

The lyrics you wrote down are definitely the words in Come Again Toucan.

So...you mean that this isn't the song you love? Or the lyrics sound different to what you read and wrote down?

Hi graceslick, thanx 4 the answer, these are the words I understood and wrote down, and this is EXACTLY the song I love... but I did'nt find the words on some site, I just wrote it down by listening, this other lyrics up here "floatin' miranda..." are the "official" Toucan lyrics on the web... so what song is that?
It was weird to me searching 4 this lyrics and always finding this "floatin' miranda"(!) :))
I don't think it's such a psychadelic game... I think it's just a strage mistake... anyway did anyone ever listen to this song?(float...miranda....)

Luv ya

Bye bye ...bytheway, we're the volunteers from Italy :D

EDIT: okeedoe... maybe you mean that doesn't exist a real lyrics version of Toucan... but there's only this "concept" ...? this could be a great answer to me... but I wonder what's on the back of the original record (I don't have it :()... thanxxx a lot :)))
toadoftheshortforest

Postby okeedoe on Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:18 am

Last edited by okeedoe on Sun Feb 08, 2009 4:51 am, edited 3 times in total.
okeedoe

Postby toadoftheshortforest on Fri Jan 30, 2009 10:15 am

okeedoe wrote:No,toad.That's not what I meant.That song is Grace's point about how language barriers could cause misunderstanding.The printed lyrics inside the album cover were completely wrong and ones that you hear in the song are right.Get it,now? :wink:

Mmmh, I think it's clear now, in facts "Mistakes are made because words are misuderstood".
By writing the wrong lyrics, they created a connection to the meaning of the song itself...
I started this discussion asking if my words about this song were correct... and now I think that it's not important to get the right words... good teaching flies through the years :mrgreen:
toadoftheshortforest

Return to Jefferson Airplane Discussions