Thoughts, ideas, memories, you name it! Share your favorite stories, albums, tracks and more.

Re: About Grace...

Postby okeedoe on Sat Dec 13, 2008 4:58 am

Last edited by okeedoe on Sun Feb 08, 2009 5:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
okeedoe

Postby graceslick on Sat Dec 13, 2008 5:01 am

HAHAHA!! Yes, it was all my fault that poor Grace's, uh, I mean Susan's identity is now being questioned. Heh.

Rabbit IS wise beyond her years, yes. Astute observation. But ah alas, she is not our Grace.
graceslick

Postby PsychedelicRabbit on Sat Dec 13, 2008 10:47 am

Me? Grace?
You got me.

Nooooo, I'm not Grace. LOL.

And I've been told that I'm wise beyond my years. :D I like being told that. Cause sometimes I say things that I feel are wise, yet nobody tells me if I'm right or not.
With you standing here I could tell the world what it means to love
To go on from here I can't use words, they don't say enough
PsychedelicRabbit

Postby okeedoe on Sat Dec 13, 2008 12:55 pm

Last edited by okeedoe on Sun Feb 08, 2009 5:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
okeedoe

Postby PsychedelicRabbit on Sat Dec 13, 2008 4:06 pm

I know what you mean. That's why I believe that there is no right and wrong. There just is. I've always said that, and believe it strongly. There are opinions, but that doesn't mean any one of them is right, and the other opinion wrong. You're both right, and you're both wrong. I don't believe in right and wrong at all.

I have found my soulmate, thank you. Haha. And I won't bother explaining it. Either you understand or you don't. Either you can take my word for it, or believe I am lying. "You're only 17! You haven't found your soulmate!" "That CAN'T be your soulmate, it's impossible"...who said love had to make sense? There are things that our puny little brains can't grasp, so that makes it impossible? Mind your business, and I'll mind my own. I just know who I found, and I know that no matter what, I'll never stop loving her.

A lot of people don't understand me. A lot of people don't even bother trying. But they closed up thier minds to a new universe, a new world of possibilies. To them, you're born, you go to school, then you work, and then you die. That's it. They don't even care about anything beyond thier fancy cars and clothes. But when they lie on thier deathbed, I want them to tell me what they've learned in this life. I want to ask those people..."Have you ever really lived your life? Or only dreamt about it?"
PsychedelicRabbit

Postby okeedoe on Sat Dec 13, 2008 4:56 pm

I
Last edited by okeedoe on Sun Feb 08, 2009 5:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
okeedoe

Postby PsychedelicRabbit on Sat Dec 13, 2008 6:15 pm

No no no, you misunderstood me! I didn't mean YOU, I mean you as in everyone in general. That post was not to anyone in particular at all. I'm not mad at you, why would I be?

I'm not mad at you at all, and would never write a mean post to you either.
PsychedelicRabbit

Postby okeedoe on Sat Dec 13, 2008 6:55 pm

Last edited by okeedoe on Sun Feb 08, 2009 5:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
okeedoe

Postby PsychedelicRabbit on Sat Dec 13, 2008 6:57 pm

No you're not. You just didn't understand me well, that's all.
What language do you speak?
PsychedelicRabbit

Postby okeedoe on Sat Dec 13, 2008 7:06 pm

Last edited by okeedoe on Sun Feb 08, 2009 5:27 am, edited 4 times in total.
okeedoe

Postby Susan Butcher on Sat Dec 13, 2008 7:13 pm

Love is the one thing that makes that sometimes depressing business between birth and death worthwhile. So I think you're right, Rabbit, even if you're not very concerned about what people think is right or wrong.
"I ain't got the blues no more I said"
Susan Butcher

Postby PsychedelicRabbit on Sat Dec 13, 2008 7:30 pm

Haha, yes. And it's not just love that makes things more interesting between birth and death. There are other aspects of life that are too "taboo" and don't follow the "Utopian Dream" life that everyone wants. Thinking for yourself is a good start.

And it's not that I'm not concerned with what people think is right or wrong. I do believe though, that there are just opinions.
I'm studying psychology right now, and it's the biggest load of BS I've ever read. The human mind is so complex. And the unknown scares the shit out of most people. But they don't bother to understand that we only use about 5% of our brain. My psychology teacher states otherwise. But honestly...we don't.

I believe humans know the answers to many many questions. But somewhere along the lines of birth and death, we forget what we know.
Our puny human mind can't grasp too many things at once. But it's a shame that so many people close the windows of thier mind.
PsychedelicRabbit

Postby graceslick on Sun Dec 14, 2008 2:51 am

The human mind is only limited by what we think we can think, which is pretty much a contradiction in itself. If we didn't think, we would know a lot more than we do.

We are so scared of almost every single thing that from shortly after birth, pretty much as soon as we're able to attempt to understand anything that's going on or string things together in our then purely instinctive and in-articulate minds, we place countless restrictions on ourselves in order that we can live "safely", understanding things.

We make assumptions about everything so we can live without the ever present crippling fear of the total unknown. It's very sad in a way.
graceslick

Postby PsychedelicRabbit on Sun Dec 14, 2008 3:26 am

okeedoe wrote:Serbian, and I am struggling with it,too. :lol:
I am half serbian,half ukranian-eastern catholic.

I don't speak serbian, but I speak some russian - which I believe is similar.

Zdrastvuitye <---hello, in case you don't know russian.

The human mind is only limited by what we think we can think, which is pretty much a contradiction in itself. If we didn't think, we would know a lot more than we do.

We are so scared of almost every single thing that from shortly after birth, pretty much as soon as we're able to attempt to understand anything that's going on or string things together in our then purely instinctive and in-articulate minds, we place countless restrictions on ourselves in order that we can live "safely", understanding things.

We make assumptions about everything so we can live without the ever present crippling fear of the total unknown. It's very sad in a way.

If we humans don't understand something, we immediately try to find an explanation for it. We try to calm down the nerves, the fear of whatever it is we don't understand. The thing about this is - what we find out is probably very limited information. And minds are so closed-up that nobody bothers to find out something knew.

Same goes with people - if someone thinks differently, even if they are totally normal - and if they are not understood? They're crazy and insane. They try to label this person with a mental disease. And if there is no mental disease that fits this poor human, they'll make up a new one.

The part about that sentence that makes me laugh is the "make up a new one". Those people are so close minded, it's not even funny.

If we just stopped thinking, stopped worrying about everything, and stopped trying to blame others for our problems - we might actually start to find the answers we thought we knew. Basically, if we stopped bitching all the time, we might start moving forward instead of backwards.
PsychedelicRabbit

Postby okeedoe on Sun Dec 14, 2008 4:05 am

Last edited by okeedoe on Sun Feb 08, 2009 5:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
okeedoe

PreviousNext

Return to Jefferson Airplane Discussions