Thanks from the Heart

Thoughts, ideas, memories, you name it! Share your favorite stories, albums, tracks and more.

Thanks from the Heart

Postby Chesher on Thu Oct 02, 2008 2:57 pm

To Grace & Group:

I am 57, now live in Iowa promoting organic farming. You and your music throughout the 60's and beyond has kept my world sane. In 1967, I saw JA 5 times in that one summer - once at the Monterey Pop Festival. The greatest memory of my life - and I have a lot of good memories.

The world today is just so damned confining. I try to teach my five children to look beyond, to experiment with life, and reach for new and different (individual) realities. Your music still breaks those barriers for me - and reminds me that through art you can reach another land.

I know this stuff sounds corny. But as I get older I say - what the hell.

Thanks for all you have done to make my world better.

Rob

PS if you are interested - check out my site: http://www.woodburyorganics.com. I think it pretty cool - especially the farmer profiles.
Chesher

Re: Thanks from the Heart

Postby Dormouse on Thu Oct 09, 2008 12:36 am

Thanks for sharing that. I felt I could connect with what you wrote.

It is good to see someone from Iowa at this forum! I too live in Iowa, and it is nice to know I am not the only one around here that loves the Airplane! I have dreamt many times of being able to go to the Monterey Festival.

I hope you can come back here often.
Tune In
Turn On
Drop Out
Dormouse

Return to Jefferson Airplane Discussions