How did they do?

Thoughts, ideas, memories, you name it! Share your favorite stories, albums, tracks and more.

How did they do?

Postby Susan Butcher on Thu Sep 18, 2008 9:27 am

Do any of you know if the Airplane's records sold well outside the USA? "Pillow", "Baxter's" and "Crown" were released in Australia, but I don't know if the albums or singles made the charts here. I don't think they made much of a dent in Britain. What about other countries?
"I ain't got the blues no more I said"
Susan Butcher

Re: How did they do?

Postby DonRico1967 on Fri Sep 19, 2008 8:25 pm

I myself am a U.S. citizen, born & raised, and so do not concern myself with whatever you heathen commies from abroad consider valid and/or important...

Oh... Nevermind!!!

Er... Ummm... Sorry!!!

That was just the Bush/Cheney/McCain Republican in me (NOT really in me) talkin' shiite!!!

:lol:
UP AGAINST THE WALL, MOTHERFUCKERS!!!
DonRico1967

Postby DonRico1967 on Fri Sep 19, 2008 8:57 pm

Chasin-Destiny wrote:
DonRico1967 wrote:I myself am a U.S. citizen, born & raised, and so do not concern myself with whatever you heathen commies from abroad consider valid and/or important...

Oh... Nevermind!!!

Er... Ummm... Sorry!!!

That was just the Bush/Cheney/McCain Republican in me (NOT really in me) talkin' shiite!!!

Jump jump jump on a topic :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
How many DonnyRicos are here ?

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1632&start=60

You realy like to go on and and on boy...
Maybe other people believe your shit boy...
I don't... yeah go on and on and on again.... and the Mouse ?
And everybody believes his shit... coooollllll...
DonnyBoyRico is gewoon een zwaar gestoorde klootzak.
Hij lijkt erop te geilen om hier een zootje te maken
en allemaal geloven ze zijn gezever...

Aaahhh... You make me laugh you sexy boy you!!!

Perhaps in Nederland have never you understood such thing as "sarcasm"???

Keep talking that gobbledy-gook nonsense-- It me on turns!!!

UP AGAINST THE WALL, MOTHERFUCKERS!!!
DonRico1967

Postby Susan Butcher on Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:16 pm

Yes, Don Cheney, you may not give a hoot about us smelly foreigners, but WE KNOW ALL ABOUT YOU LOT! I have the floor plan of Samantha Steven's house commited to memory!! :wink:
Susan Butcher

Postby psychhead on Sat Sep 20, 2008 2:43 pm

Susan Butcher wrote:Yes, Don Cheney, you may not give a hoot about us smelly foreigners, but WE KNOW ALL ABOUT YOU LOT! I have the floor plan of Samantha Steven's house commited to memory!! :wink:

:D :D :D :D :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Hey, leave our American bros alone:):):)....don't you know we are ALL American? America is all of us....just look at history!!!! JA on the Australian charts? Hmmmmmm, don't think JA ever made it real big on the charts back home, but I know that me and my mates were well into the psychedelic sounds coming from Cali way....so there ya go. I never listened to music just because it was on the charts....on the contrary, I always found delight in digging the more underground stuff....and JA was just that!!! :):)

Rob
Psychedelic music is IN with time!!
psychhead

Postby psychhead on Sat Sep 20, 2008 2:55 pm

Chasin-Destiny wrote:I realy hope you don't support DonRico to much, would be REAL BAD !
Isn't a joke !, i like the States... but some people are :twisted:

No worries CD......I'm INTERNATIONAL!!!! :)

PEACE AND LOVE!:)
psychhead

Postby Susan Butcher on Sat Sep 20, 2008 10:49 pm

I'm wondering how I got to hear of JA if they didn't chart in Australia. Maybe something that was a big hit in America became a defacto "golden oldie" here after a while. By the mid-Seventies I know that radio producers had decided "White Rabbit" represented an important step in the evolution of pop music. The rest of JA's catalogue was ignored.
Susan Butcher

Postby psychhead on Sun Sep 21, 2008 1:11 pm

Susan Butcher wrote:I'm wondering how I got to hear of JA if they didn't chart in Australia. Maybe something that was a big hit in America became a defacto "golden oldie" here after a while. By the mid-Seventies I know that radio producers had decided "White Rabbit" represented an important step in the evolution of pop music. The rest of JA's catalogue was ignored.

In the 70s, many songs and most good music just bounced over to us in OZ. Logically, most people pick up the garbage from any other country and think it's good just because it made it in the charts.....NOT ME....I looked on yonder for my good vibes and a always found them esp with JA :). This kind of good vibe hunting is ignored today too....it's even worse today with peeps thinking that Madonna, J-Lo, etc. are good just because they make it in the charts or the Net.....so...history repeating I guess.:)

Rob
psychhead

Postby psychhead on Sun Sep 21, 2008 5:42 pm

I agree with you 1000000% here CD!:); and that story that J-Lo was the poor little girl hassled by the "evil" Fidel back in Cuba and ran away from her homeland to reach the USA......is JUST PLAIN REVOLTING.....fake to boot!! Oh poor little SHITTY girl? Did that bad 'ol Fidel hurt you and your FILTHY money, hmmmmmmm?????! SHIT OFF J-LO!! You pulled everyone's leg, but NOT MINE.....CREEP!! 8) 8)
F**k OFF J-LO!!

Rob
psychhead

Postby Steve on Mon Sep 22, 2008 6:12 pm

J-Lo was in a couple pretty cool movies before she became a "star". Check out U-Turn or Blood & Wine.
Steve

Postby psychhead on Wed Sep 24, 2008 7:20 pm

Steve wrote:J-Lo was in a couple pretty cool movies before she became a "star". Check out U-Turn or Blood & Wine.

I doubt it.....she can't act, can't sing and can't....well, better leave it off here :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: !!!
Grace could lick her in anything she does!!:):)

Rob
psychhead

Postby graceslick on Thu Sep 25, 2008 2:02 am

J Blo sucks. *vomit* lol

I would never have known any of JA's music if it weren't for my partner who has billions of records and great taste in music. I'd have heard OF them but nothing more. Oh, apart from White Rabbit and Somebody to Love of course.
graceslick

Postby psychhead on Thu Sep 25, 2008 6:42 pm

graceslick wrote:J Blo sucks. *vomit* lol

I would never have known any of JA's music if it weren't for my partner who has billions of records and great taste in music. I'd have heard OF them but nothing more. Oh, apart from White Rabbit and Somebody to Love of course.

A-PPROVED:):)
psychhead

Postby Elephant Sky on Tue Nov 04, 2008 7:37 am

Another anti-J-lo JA fan here :mrgreen:
We are forces of chaos and anarchy, everything they say we are, we are and we are very proud of ourselves
Elephant Sky

Postby okeedoe on Thu Nov 06, 2008 3:07 pm

Last edited by okeedoe on Sun Feb 08, 2009 5:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
okeedoe

Next

Return to Jefferson Airplane Discussions