how's grace doing?

Thoughts, ideas, memories, you name it! Share your favorite stories, albums, tracks and more.

how's grace doing?

Postby singsingsing on Sat Jul 19, 2008 4:56 pm

How is Grace doing physically, after those troubles of a couple of years ago. I was reading that she had to learn to walk again through a rehab program. She lives in Malibu? Is she able to swim, walk on the beach, just do moderate physical stuff, if she so desires?

Thanks.

Mike
singsingsing

Re: how's grace doing?

Postby graceslick on Thu Jul 24, 2008 4:45 am

Hello.

From things I've heard, Grace is doing well. She flies around the country for her art exhibitions...I think she doesn't really like this much though. Although she does enjoy talking with different people, she prefers when the shows are just around California as it doesn't take away as much time from what she enjoys most, which is actually CREATING the artwork.

But obviously in order for her to be presenting shows and such, it means she is in ok physical shape "for an old person" as she'd say, heheh.

Somewhere on here is an interview I found (just radio) on a website from January this year. She sounded great and seemed in good spirits. Very friendly and talkative (as usual). She mentioned how she was in hospital a year or whatever before, because of stomach issues (Diverticulitis in an extreme form) and all her organs shut down (lungs, liver, heart) and they had to do a tracheotomy, and she was apparently in an induced coma for 3 months or something :shock: so her body could heal properly, and then had to learn to walk again. I'm honestly not exactly sure how accurate all of this is...I think the reason she had trouble walking right away was cause when your body is "asleep" all your muscles atrophy/waste away, and so when you try and do anything, there's no strength in 'em.

Anyway...she's doing really well now.

This is off the subject (sort of), but hey Chasin, do you think you could find Grace's song Show Yourself somewhere online?? I want to record it into my MP3 player but can't find it on You Tube. It's the B-side to one of the Starship songs I think.

Thank you!!
graceslick

Postby graceslick on Fri Jul 25, 2008 1:35 am

Thank you, Chasin!! Very much appreciated. :D

Uh, except it doesn't work. When I go to save the link it says a connection cannot be established, and when I click on the link to go to it, it says it cannot connect.

WHY!? lol
graceslick

Postby graceslick on Sat Jul 26, 2008 7:35 am

Nope! When I click on the link to go to the website, it doesn't work. :?
graceslick

Postby psychhead on Sun Jul 27, 2008 8:23 pm

I hope Grace is really doing well! :D
Psychedelic music is IN with time!!
psychhead

Postby Dormouse on Wed Jul 30, 2008 12:24 am

Speaking of health concerns, does anyone know the status of Signe? Is there any news on her health problems lately?
Tune In
Turn On
Drop Out
Dormouse

Postby psychhead on Wed Jul 30, 2008 4:23 am

:( Thanx for reminding us Dormouse.
Rob
psychhead

Postby psychhead on Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:53 am

Thank you for the reminder.
psychhead

Postby graceslick on Sat Sep 13, 2008 7:51 am

Just a little butt in here - diverticulitis isn't just about being unable to digest seeds. Grace apparently had this when she had her health scare I mentioned earlier in this thread. My mum and my partner's mum also have it. It's very common in older women.

Anything with seeds, pips, grains, etc. Sometimes not even those sorts of things...I won't go into a heap of detail cause it's not the most pleasant of descriptions, but meh. It's ok if it's treated before it gets too serious.
graceslick

Postby psychhead on Tue Sep 16, 2008 8:04 pm

graceslick wrote:Just a little butt in here - diverticulitis isn't just about being unable to digest seeds. Grace apparently had this when she had her health scare I mentioned earlier in this thread. My mum and my partner's mum also have it. It's very common in older women.

Anything with seeds, pips, grains, etc. Sometimes not even those sorts of things...I won't go into a heap of detail cause it's not the most pleasant of descriptions, but meh. It's ok if it's treated before it gets too serious.

My thought are always with Grace:)
psychhead

Return to Jefferson Airplane Discussions