LA 6/28: Ruthann "Windy" Friedman on rock history tour

Thoughts, ideas, memories, you name it! Share your favorite stories, albums, tracks and more.

LA 6/28: Ruthann "Windy" Friedman on rock history tour

Postby esotouric on Sat Jun 21, 2008 10:43 pm

Singer-songwriter Ruthann Friedman ("Windy") is the guest star on Esotouric's Where the Action Was rock history bus tour, departing from Amoeba Music in Hollywood at noon on Saturday 6/28.

To read Ruthann's memories of some of her celebrated friends and collaborators, visit http://www.esotouric.com/ruthannrecalls

Here's a preview to wet your whistle:

The Jefferson Airplane: Dated Jorma Kaukonen for a very short while...Lived on the corner of Fell and Cole in the Haight with Marty Balin and Jack Cassidy and his girlfriend Ginger Jackson (who became one of my best friends for life)...At the time I thought I was going to replace Signe Anderson as their singer but...they found Grace Slick and that was that...No blame...she was much more ready than I to make them a big success...and she did...

David Crosby: Kind to let me stay in the downstairs apartment in his house in Beverly Glenn. It was there I wrote "Windy" and then got together with Jorma's brother Peter Kaukonen after which we set about forming our band Petrus.

To get a seat on the bus, and a big bag of Amoeba swag, visit http://www.esotouric.com/action-6-28-08

To save 15%, just say "Amoeba sent me" when you email toursATesotouricDOTcom to reserve.
esotouric

Re: LA 6/28: Ruthann "Windy" Friedman on rock history tour

Postby Meredyth Raye on Sun Jun 22, 2008 2:41 am

haha~thatd be fun to meet one of Jorma's girlfriends, is anyone going to this?
Meredyth Raye

Re: LA 6/28: Ruthann "Windy" Friedman on rock history tour

Postby Dormouse on Sun Jun 22, 2008 2:47 pm

I can't go. :(

But for anyone that does, have fun. And try to get some pictures to share with us!
Tune In
Turn On
Drop Out
Dormouse

Return to Jefferson Airplane Discussions