coming apart soundtrack

Thoughts, ideas, memories, you name it! Share your favorite stories, albums, tracks and more.

coming apart soundtrack

Postby flint holoway on Sat Mar 29, 2008 9:51 am

hi!

a few days ago i watched the movie "coming apart".

most websites i found say that the music on this movie is by jefferson airplane and francis xavier.

i'm looking for two songs in this movie.

does anybody know wich songs jefferson airplane contributed to this movie?

and who is francis xavier?

thanks in advance,
flint
flint holoway

Re: coming apart soundtrack

Postby flint holoway on Sat Mar 29, 2008 10:16 am

Chasin-Destiny wrote:Welcome on board !

thanks

here is a review saying: "All of the music is ambient, and mostly Jefferson Airplane" http://www.shockcinemamagazine.com/coming.html

this (german) review says: "Musik: Francis Xavier (Jefferson Airplane)"
http://www.filmzentrale.com/rezis/comingapartab.htm

and this is all i could find out till now...
flint holoway

Postby flint holoway on Fri Aug 01, 2008 1:31 pm

bump
flint holoway

Postby Dormouse on Fri Aug 01, 2008 6:07 pm

As for your questions:

I can't tell you the names of the songs in the movie, since I haven't seen it. If I had a description or a small segment from the movie with part of the song, I could be more help.

But generally speaking, the most common Airplane songs (Somebody to Love and White Rabbit) are on Surrealistic Pillow. Listen to the album, you will probably find at least one of the songs on it, and enjoy it as well.

And Xavier guy, I have not heard of him. I can say he has never been a member of the Airplane. Maybe he was the guy in charge of choosing the music for the movie? That's my best guess.
Tune In
Turn On
Drop Out
Dormouse

Postby JoeD80 on Mon Aug 04, 2008 2:25 pm

Dormouse wrote:As for your questions:

I can't tell you the names of the songs in the movie, since I haven't seen it. If I had a description or a small segment from the movie with part of the song, I could be more help.

But generally speaking, the most common Airplane songs (Somebody to Love and White Rabbit) are on Surrealistic Pillow. Listen to the album, you will probably find at least one of the songs on it, and enjoy it as well.

I think this was more like incidental music, where the Airplane just played their instruments for whatever was on screen.
JoeD80

Postby shesriding on Mon Aug 04, 2008 5:55 pm

Heey, wait a tec. That music video where Jefferson Airplane was performing "The House at Pooneil Corners" on a New York apartment top, wasn't that filmed for a movie?

My memory is sketchy at the best of times, so I could be completely wrong....
shesriding

Postby JoeD80 on Mon Aug 04, 2008 8:51 pm

One A. M. was a Jean-Luc Godard (originally) film that was later finished by D. A. Pennebaker, and although Rip Torn apears in both "One PM" (its new title) and "Coming Apart", the projects aren't related. Jefferson Airplane did play "House at Pooneil Corners" for the Godard film and that performance is included on the "Fly Jefferson Airplane" DVD. The Coming Apart movie I'm pretty sure is all background music composed specifically for the film.
JoeD80

Return to Jefferson Airplane Discussions