Blows Against the Empire "Let's Go Together" Lyrics

Thoughts, ideas, memories, you name it! Share your favorite stories, albums, tracks and more.

Blows Against the Empire "Let's Go Together" Lyrics

Postby JoeD80 on Wed Mar 26, 2008 4:48 pm

I recently acquired a first pressing of this LP. I was surprised to learn that all those years I spent listening to the tape and CD of this album I was listening to the alternate lyrics of "Let's Go Together." The original pressing (also the version on the latest remaster) has the lyrics "shall I go off and away to bright Andromeda" and the alternate lyrics has "shall I go off and away to South America." (along with a couple of other lines) My question is -- was this lyric changed on second pressings of the vinyl?
JoeD80

Re: Blows Against the Empire "Let's Go Together" Lyrics

Postby JoeD80 on Wed Mar 26, 2008 6:51 pm

So does that mean the Alternate Lyrics were made specifically for the Casette and CD releases? On the 2005 remaster track 11 (the first bonus track) is the same as track 3 on my old CD and cassette (purchased in the 90s). Track 3 on the 2005 remaster is the same as my vinyl copy only. So I already had two versions of this song before 2005! Does that mean the alternate lyrics version was never pressed on vinyl? And the original was never put to CD or cassette (until 2005)?
JoeD80

Return to Jefferson Airplane Discussions