People who make Airplane CDs on drugs themselves?

Thoughts, ideas, memories, you name it! Share your favorite stories, albums, tracks and more.

People who make Airplane CDs on drugs themselves?

Postby graceslick on Mon Mar 10, 2008 2:26 am

Ok...there just seems to be an inordinate amount of mistakes appearing in all these reissues of Airplane CDs I've been buying.

Like, first it was the booklet for Volunteers. Then the other day I got my hands on Live at Golden Gate Park, which is great (Grace seems rather "animated", heheh!) but on the track apparently called "Mexico", it has the take me to a circus tent song! That is NOT Mexico at all!! What is going on here? Are the people making these reissued CDs on drugs!? :?
graceslick

Re: People who make Airplane CDs on drugs themselves?

Postby JoeD80 on Wed Mar 26, 2008 7:14 pm

The company that released that CD, "Charly," is in the business of making "official" bootlegs -- but this is not an official release by the Airplane. Their last official release was "Sweeping Up the Spotlight." As for the track, I think they labeled it "Mexico" (actually it was "3/5 of a Mile in 10 Seconds") because Paul says shortly before it "we're going to play a song called Mexico." -- so either that part of the concert got cut out or the band decided to play 3/5 instead.
JoeD80

Re: People who make Airplane CDs on drugs themselves?

Postby graceslick on Thu Mar 27, 2008 6:49 am

Ah, I see...that makes sense now...sort of...but what's weird, and I'm probably wrong so please feel free to correct me, is that when the 3/5 of a mile in 30 seconds comes on instead of Mexico, it doesn't even sound live. It sounds like the studio version I've heard...so...I think this is what confused me most of all. It may well be live though, I'm not sure. :|
graceslick

Return to Jefferson Airplane Discussions