Jorma and Paul gear?

Thoughts, ideas, memories, you name it! Share your favorite stories, albums, tracks and more.

Jorma and Paul gear?

Postby MerriestPrankster on Tue Feb 12, 2008 6:04 pm

Hey guys! I was wondering If anyone knew about Jorma or Pauls gear? Effect pedals, amps, and guitars. I do know Jorma played the gibson e335 but thats about all I know. If anyone knows it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Peace and Love :lol:
You're either ON the bus or OFF the bus!
MerriestPrankster

Postby betsebee on Wed Feb 13, 2008 8:11 am

betsebee

Re: Jorma and Paul gear?

Postby FirstBassman on Thu Feb 14, 2008 7:34 pm

MerriestPrankster wrote:Hey guys! I was wondering If anyone knew about Jorma or Pauls gear? Effect pedals, amps, and guitars.

MP,

I assume you mean when they were in the JA? Or do you mean now?

Let me know which and I will answer.
FirstBassman

Postby MerriestPrankster on Sun Feb 17, 2008 1:44 am

Ya, during jefferson airplane days. Especially intrested in what they were using during baxters and crown of creation. Thanks
You're either ON the bus or OFF the bus!
MerriestPrankster

Re: Jorma and Paul gear?

Postby FirstBassman on Wed Feb 20, 2008 9:29 am

Here you go:

Jorma - Gibson ES-345 stereo guitar with a Varitone switch. Amps were Fender Twins ... one set for the neck pickup and the other set for the bridge. The bridge pickup was through a Crybaby Wah-wah pedal and the neck pickup was through an Ampeg Scrambler.

Jack - Up to Baxter's: Fender Jazz Bass (customized with a third pickup) through a Fender Showman amp. In addition he also played through a Versatone 35 watt amp cranked all the way up to get the growling distorted sound.
Later Jack switched to a Guild Starfire bass. That bass was stolen while in Ohio. Jack purchased two more, one of which is now in the R&R Hall of Fame.

Paul - Various Rickenbacker 12-string guitars with Fender Bandmaster amps (or possibly Vibrolux amps).
FirstBassman

MARTY......

Postby tonyboy on Wed Feb 20, 2008 8:27 pm

Marty, it astounds me as to why you tour with the circus act....your legacy as one of the greatest voices in 60's music needs a better vehicle.....cmon marty you are better...a sincere and respectful fan
tonyboy

Return to Jefferson Airplane Discussions