The Great Society live shows

Thoughts, ideas, memories, you name it! Share your favorite stories, albums, tracks and more.

The Great Society live shows

Postby fat-old-sun on Sat Dec 08, 2007 2:25 pm

After dozens of Jefferson Airplane albums and bootlegs, I eventually turned to the Great Society and Collecter's Item to hear Grace pre-Airplane. I am wondering, though, is this the only recording of the Great Society in circulation? The usual bootleg trading sites - dime, tradersden etc. - they don't have much JA, never mind the Great Society and any help would be appreciated. :)
fat-old-sun

Postby Dormouse on Sat Dec 08, 2007 11:51 pm

Hi there, and welcome to the forum!

There are two CDs that I know about from The Great Society. Both of which are a must have.

First, Live at the Matrix, which I think is the Collector's Item you referred to, which was released with the names Conspicuous Only in its Absence and How It Was. Both are included in this CD:
:arrow: http://www.cduniverse.com/productinfo.a ... 5353&BAB=M

The other CD available is Born to Be Burned, which includes the singles Free Advice and Someone To Love, in addition to 15 previously unissued tracks:
:arrow: http://www.cduniverse.com/productinfo.a ... 3237&BAB=M

These are the only available releases from The Great Society. But there is a song called Bulldog Blues played at The Matrix, but was not released on the album. Thanks to Craig Fenton, it is on YouTube.
Tune In
Turn On
Drop Out
Dormouse

Postby fat-old-sun on Sun Dec 09, 2007 7:05 am

Fantastic! Thanks for the welcomes and the info. :)

It's slightly frustrating that when TGS were playing it was when people just began to record shows from the audience so I would assume there are very few. But thanks for the Born to be Burned link - I haven't seen that before.
fat-old-sun

Postby DonRico1967 on Tue Dec 11, 2007 1:32 am

I said GODDAMN!!!

Did Grace EVER look hotter and sexier than in those early photos!?!?!?!

She STILL looks great-- Don't get me wrong--

But when I see those young pictures, well... What can I say-- My "nature" begin to RISE!!!

:D
UP AGAINST THE WALL, MOTHERFUCKERS!!!
DonRico1967

Return to Jefferson Airplane Discussions