Hi - new Airplane fan

Thoughts, ideas, memories, you name it! Share your favorite stories, albums, tracks and more.

Hi - new Airplane fan

Postby Clym on Sat Dec 08, 2007 12:55 am

Hi there

has anyone got 'Last Flight' yet? I'm really looking forward to buying it. I'm thrilled with the current resurgence of JA releases...

:)
Clym

Postby DonRico1967 on Tue Dec 11, 2007 1:43 am

Happy that you are here amongst us faithful, new friend.

My suggestion would be to start from JA TAKES OFF, then SURREALISTIC PILLOW, then ... BAXTER'S..., then CROWN OF CREATION, then VOLUNTEERS, then BARK, then LONG JOHN SILVER.

Do NOT forget EARLY FLIGHT and the JA LOVES YOU boxed-set-- BOTH are CRUCIAL.

And yet not only but also-- There are numerous "live" (not even counting all of the bootleg) recordings which, if you strapped on your space-shoes, MAY propel you to inter-galactic, inter-stellar vortices.

Don Rico says "Check it out"...
UP AGAINST THE WALL, MOTHERFUCKERS!!!
DonRico1967

Postby Clym on Tue Dec 11, 2007 8:08 pm

Actually what I meant is that I'm new to this site, I've been flying with the Airplane for years :P

I have all the studio albums and some live ones as well - Last Flight is next on my list. I do want Early Flight as well because I haven't heard Mexico or the studio verson of 'Saucers'.
Clym

Postby Dormouse on Tue Dec 11, 2007 10:01 pm

There are the studio versions of both of these songs on CD's server: http://www.buffalonas.com/myserverone

Look under JA-Essential CD Disc 2.

Also, here is a nice video of the Airplane doing Mexico: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6gWzTO6STo
Tune In
Turn On
Drop Out
Dormouse

BUY IT BUY IT!!!

Postby goodshepherd90 on Wed Dec 12, 2007 5:58 pm

Last Flight is one of my favorite JA live releases. A little rough around the edges, but it is by far the most hard rocking live Airplane album. Long John Silver, Law Man, Walking the Tou Tou, John's Other, Eat Starch Mom and Volunteers are all first rate rockers. Jack and Jorma burn as always and Grace soars above everyone. Well not for someone new to the Airplane, if your a die hard fan this is one you shouldn't be with out. If you have Thirty Seconds Over Winterland and like that then you will love Last Flight.
goodshepherd90

Return to Jefferson Airplane Discussions