I might be able to meet Grace!

Thoughts, ideas, memories, you name it! Share your favorite stories, albums, tracks and more.

I might be able to meet Grace!

Postby CanadianLeprechaun on Mon Sep 17, 2007 6:22 pm

Ok so Grace is 67 years old.She's done drugs,drank a lot,and smokes.I've got to meet this great woman before...well,you know.I don't want to see the words 'Remembering Grace Slick' in the newspaper anytime soon.
ANYWAY I'm not so sure but I might be able to meet Grace next summer.I've wondered about that theory about knowing somebody through 6 people and I've really wanted to try it,and why not see if I can reach Grace?But my parents don't really give a hoot about her.And they really don't agree with a lot of things about her(neither do I,but she still rocks).So I have to find some amazingly good reason why I should meet her,other than she's inspired me musically and stuff.
But yeah it's a possibility.I just hope if I do meet her,she will be nice(if you know what I mean,she's got a strong personality).

I just wanted to share this because I'm excited.Even though it's not official yet. :)
Thank you for visiting my signature.Please come again.
CanadianLeprechaun

Postby CanadianLeprechaun on Mon Sep 17, 2007 7:24 pm

Dangit she's awesome.Thanks for the links.
My mom actually said we could see her if she came closer to us if she shows her art or whatever she does.But it wouldn't be the same because from what I saw in the video,you can't be so close to her.
CanadianLeprechaun

Postby graceslick on Tue Sep 18, 2007 3:05 am

OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!! You HAVE to meet her, man!!! If I was in America I would SO go to her shows!!!!!!!!!! *screaming* lol :D

I think I pretty much have 6 degrees of separation with several people...maybe even Grace. This doesn't mean you can meet her that way though. lol.

My best friend's step mother used to be a masseuse and she massaged Michael Jackson's feet...so whoever Michael's met, I've met them too in the 6 degrees way, heheheh.

Also, my best friend's step sister was friends (briefly) with Courtney Love back in 1995 and went on tour with Hole when they were in Australia (just to Sydney, not back to America) so...whoever Courtney's met, I have too. LOL
graceslick

Postby CanadianLeprechaun on Tue Sep 18, 2007 3:57 pm

I think the first person I would go for is my uncle who lives in San Francisco.He knows a lot of people,possibly someone in the music biz who could direct me towards Grace,even though she's done with music.
CanadianLeprechaun

Postby CanadianLeprechaun on Tue Sep 18, 2007 5:50 pm

CanadianLeprechaun

Postby MicksPulloutCouch on Wed Sep 19, 2007 8:53 pm

Awesome!
That would be so cool!

My friend's mom is a dentist, and she used to clean the teeth of one of the guys from Weezer.

And my Grandomther used to work at a Holiday Inn.. And cleaned up after Lynryd Skynryd once!

Yeah.. I'm done.
x_X
OH MY GOD IT'S E.T.
Wait.. WHAT?
MicksPulloutCouch

Postby DonRico1967 on Wed Sep 19, 2007 9:30 pm

MicksPulloutCouch wrote:...And my Grandomther used to work at a Holiday Inn.. And cleaned up after Lynryd Skynryd once!

Whiskey bottles... Brand new cars...
Needles and spoons...
Left-behind Saturday Night Special bullets...

Give 'em back their bullets!!!
UP AGAINST THE WALL, MOTHERFUCKERS!!!
DonRico1967

Postby CanadianLeprechaun on Sat Sep 22, 2007 8:05 pm

Check this out.I asked my grandma to ask around about Grace Slick,and this is what she said:

"I posted about the six degree thing on a forum and one of the guys knew what it was all about. And then this lady came on and here is what she wrote.

You have your Grace Slick connection! My niece met her several years ago and actually got to shake her hand! Let's see now, my niece is 1 degree, I'm 2 degrees, that would make you 3 and your granddaughter 4 degrees.

I know it's not like meeting her first hand, but you are closer to her than you thought! Only four degrees away."

I guess the only problem is,this lady's niece doesn't keep close ties with Grace,so I don't know how I'm supposed to meet her that way.
BUT I'M EXCITED NOW!!
CanadianLeprechaun

Return to Jefferson Airplane Discussions