Jefferson Airplane Performances

Thoughts, ideas, memories, you name it! Share your favorite stories, albums, tracks and more.

Jefferson Airplane Performances

Postby Dormouse on Wed Aug 08, 2007 7:16 pm

I heard of the website SugarMegs in a post here a few weeks ago, which had lots of live performances by various artists, including the Airplane. It's a great website, but all the performances were one long track, and in some files, the sound quality was pretty bad.

So, using a music editor, I separated the tracks and improved the sound. I am not an expert at editing, so I did not adjust the equalization. I just used some noise removal and normalizing programs to clear up the sound and added fade outs, etc, to make it sound nicer.

If you are interested, I have already finished one performance. It is Knocking at the Golden Gate, which is absolutely wonderful. Please check it out!

:arrow: http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=7582 ... 56ac634dac

Just click through the folders to get to the music file you want to download. Let me know if there is any problems. Enjoy!! :D
Last edited by Dormouse on Sat Sep 01, 2007 5:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Tune In
Turn On
Drop Out
Dormouse

Postby DonRico1967 on Thu Aug 09, 2007 10:53 pm

THANK YOU Dormouse!!!

Keep 'em coming PLEASE!!!
UP AGAINST THE WALL, MOTHERFUCKERS!!!
DonRico1967

Postby Dormouse on Fri Aug 10, 2007 11:14 pm

No problem. I really enjoy these shows and am happy to make them sound better and share them. I especially love Good Shepherd with Grace singing lead. Wow! :o

Right now, I am working on a show from the Matrix, which has great material, but very bad sound quality. A very loud background hum is throughout the performance and makes it hard to hear the music. But I should have it edited soon, and ready to be enjoyed.

This is the first file hosting site I have used, so I am not 100% sure it works right. :oops: Let me know if something goes wrong. :roll: If anyone has any better suggestions that are easier to use, post them for me. Thanks!
Tune In
Turn On
Drop Out
Dormouse

Postby pandalove on Sun Aug 12, 2007 3:06 pm

verrrry cool.
thanks for that dormouse.
Avoid all needle drugs, the only dope worth shooting is Richard Nixon.
-Abbie Hoffman
pandalove

Postby DonRico1967 on Sun Aug 12, 2007 10:59 pm

Keep 'em Comin'!!!

THANK YOU!!!

8)
UP AGAINST THE WALL, MOTHERFUCKERS!!!
DonRico1967

Postby psychhead on Mon Aug 20, 2007 6:20 am

:D Thank you.
Psychedelic music is IN with time!!
psychhead

Postby TakeMeOnYourFlight on Thu Sep 20, 2007 4:52 pm

Check out Wolfgang's vault and listen to the Toronto '67 Airplane stuff. It's the best live Airplane stuff I've ever heard.

I've got the sugarmegs site on my favorites, I listened to some JA/ JS stuff but not any 60's stuff yet. I listened to a '74 JS show where they played Blows Against the Empire and an '89 JA show as I was curious about how they sounded live on the reunion tour. I thought some of it was too polished but the version of Freedom was quite good.
"I know it's hard to defend an unpopular policy once in a while." - Zappa
TakeMeOnYourFlight

Return to Jefferson Airplane Discussions