Photos Inside New Live JA CD

Thoughts, ideas, memories, you name it! Share your favorite stories, albums, tracks and more.

Photos Inside New Live JA CD

Postby FirstBassman on Thu Jun 07, 2007 1:42 pm

What’s with the photos inside the "Sweeping Up The Spotlight" CD!? They all show the band with Covington playing drums! Joey didn’t play at that Fillmore East run. I was there and it was Spencer who played. And, besides, we all know Covington didn’t join the band until after February of 1970.

The photos (Joey with fur hat and Grace with striped mini skirt) are most likely from the Spring 1970 run at the Fillmore and are from the same shots used in the April 1970 NY Times magazine article. I consider this a big slap in the face to Spencer’s memory and wonder whose decision that was.
FirstBassman

Postby DonRico1967 on Thu Jun 07, 2007 11:12 pm

OK I got the CD last week and gave it here a ravin' review...

Now... With what 1st Bassman has illuminated us with...

NOW I am just plain PISSED!!!

:x
UP AGAINST THE WALL, MOTHERFUCKERS!!!
DonRico1967

Postby DonRico1967 on Mon Jun 11, 2007 1:34 am

... And so I "special-ordered" the re-mastered VOLUNTEERS version CD with additional tracks from those 11-28/29-69 Fillmore East shows...

The record store ("CD store"?) called me to tell me my order was in and I rushed off to go purchase it...

Sure it's the right CD... The extra tracks are pretty cool.

The front cover/back cover flap are the VOLUNTEERS cover alright (with print too tiny to actually READ)...

But inside, the booklet liner notes belong to the SURREALISTIC PILLOW CD.

So somebody fucked up and now I have to take it back and either exchange for something different (GRATEFUL DEAD maybe?) or else wait for them to re-re-order the correct VOLUNTEERS CD with the true liner notes for that album.

I was pissed off when I couldn't make my peanut-butter and jelly sandwich!
UP AGAINST THE WALL, MOTHERFUCKERS!!!
DonRico1967

Postby psychhead on Tue Jun 12, 2007 1:08 pm

:roll: :roll: :? :? :? :shock: :o
Talkin' about discographic confusion!
Psychedelic music is IN with time!!
psychhead

Postby gTarFreak on Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:58 pm

Don't feel too bad... shit happens. I once bought a copy of Jethro Tull's Living In The Past LP (a two record set) which I bought just for the song Living in the Past. It says it's on it on the album, in the liner, and on the record itself. However, between the two physical lp's the track count is short by one. Guess which song is missing :?: :?: :x

Cheers,
Dave
gTarFreak

Postby graceslick on Thu Aug 02, 2007 2:05 am

DonRico1967 wrote:... And so I "special-ordered" the re-mastered VOLUNTEERS version CD with additional tracks from those 11-28/29-69 Fillmore East shows...

The record store ("CD store"?) called me to tell me my order was in and I rushed off to go purchase it...

Sure it's the right CD... The extra tracks are pretty cool.

The front cover/back cover flap are the VOLUNTEERS cover alright (with print too tiny to actually READ)...

But inside, the booklet liner notes belong to the SURREALISTIC PILLOW CD.

So somebody fucked up and now I have to take it back and either exchange for something different (GRATEFUL DEAD maybe?) or else wait for them to re-re-order the correct VOLUNTEERS CD with the true liner notes for that album.

I was pissed off when I couldn't make my peanut-butter and jelly sandwich!

WOW! This happened to me too! I got mine from eBay and it arrived 2 days ago (WOO HOO!) but also found that the booklet was weird. The outer cover was Volunteers but the inner parts were ALL Surrealistic Pillow! WHAT THE!! I've emailed the seller...
graceslick

Postby psychhead on Thu Aug 02, 2007 6:38 pm

Great pics!!! :D :D :D :D :D
Psychedelic music is IN with time!!
psychhead

Return to Jefferson Airplane Discussions