another piercing question. which white rabbit...

Thoughts, ideas, memories, you name it! Share your favorite stories, albums, tracks and more.

another piercing question. which white rabbit...

Postby pandalove on Sun Feb 11, 2007 4:31 pm

Great Society's version of it of Airplane's?
i think airplane's is just a lot better. its not as longwinded(is that the word im looking for?) and the music is just a lot better.
if you havent heard great society's version go here: http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu ... D=48336863

so what do you think?

also, you can hear my favorite great society song there(grimly forming which is amazing imho)
Avoid all needle drugs, the only dope worth shooting is Richard Nixon.
-Abbie Hoffman
pandalove

Grimly Forming

Postby craigtheairplaneman on Mon Feb 12, 2007 2:34 am

Hi Panda Love:

Hope you are well today!

Interesting in the last 48 hours you were the 2nd person that told me their favorite Great Society track was "Grinly Forming." Excellent choice!

Be well,
CF
"Craig Fenton knows so much about the J.A. and Family, I was asking him the questions."
Marty Balin July 2006.

"Take Me To A Circus Tent" is here. With many 5 star reviews already!! 93 photos 543 pages!
Thanks for flying with the J.A.
craigtheairplaneman

Postby goodshepherd90 on Mon Feb 12, 2007 7:59 pm

I would agree that the Airplane's "White Rabbit" is better. The Great Society's is good...however it really is too "longwinded."

I do have the opposite opinion on "Somebody To Love."As much as I like JA's version, I think the Great Society's is just a tad bit better. Their version is way sadder and I think that is how that song should have stayed.
goodshepherd90

Postby pandalove on Mon Feb 12, 2007 9:02 pm

i actually havent heard(that i remember) great society's version of somebody to love but i do think that it should be sadder. im not normally much on songs that make you feel worse than you already feel(unless its janis joplin and then im all for it... my unhappyyyyy littttllllee girl bllluuuuuue-oooohhh.) but i wish somebody to love wasnt quite so happy and pop-ish(it sound pop-ish to me sometimes no matter how much i like it)
could you link me to that version of the song goodsheperd?
and also,
hey craig! im the 2nd? weird.
Avoid all needle drugs, the only dope worth shooting is Richard Nixon.
-Abbie Hoffman
pandalove

Return to Jefferson Airplane Discussions