Thank you to Don Aters, A+ with pictures A++++ w/friends

Thoughts, ideas, memories, you name it! Share your favorite stories, albums, tracks and more.

Thank you to Don Aters, A+ with pictures A++++ w/friends

Postby craigtheairplaneman on Sun Jan 28, 2007 4:42 pm

A thanks large enough to fill an airport goes to Don Aters. You may know him as the best friend of super promoter Chet Holms. Maybe the name sticks out because his photo of Grace Slick in 1968 is one of the most noted rock pictures ever. He is a great friend. Countless Sundays with work up to his head, he still has time to call and see how my dad is feeling.

Don thank you for being a terrific person. Your work speaks for it self and how you handle friendship there aren't ways to express it.

All the best,
CF
http://www.takemetoacircustent.net
"Craig Fenton knows so much about the J.A. and Family, I was asking him the questions."
Marty Balin July 2006.

"Take Me To A Circus Tent" is here. With many 5 star reviews already!! 93 photos 543 pages!
Thanks for flying with the J.A.
craigtheairplaneman

Postby Do A Line on Sun Jan 28, 2007 7:44 pm

Ya just gotta love that name droppin,picture snappin, high pitch son-of-a-gun don't ya!!!!!! LOL... Can't wait to see Don in three weeks. Craig will you be at the BB King's show on Feb. 16th? Do
Do A Line

Don Aters and BB King show and the universe

Postby craigtheairplaneman on Sun Jan 28, 2007 8:34 pm

Hi there:

Thansk for the nice post about Don. He is one of the best of the best. I really likethe way he takes an interest in my dad and has always been tremendous to me. I wish I could do more back.

I would have loved to be 100 percent at BB Kings to not only see Rick Martin (Possible) and Don but obviously the band and I would have had a chance to bring a bunch of Take Me To A Circus Tent.

My dad isn't doing well. He is ver yweak and needs attention almost by the minute. I hope down the road he is well enough so I can see the shows and the great fans that have been so kind about the book.

Have a super week and be well,
CF
http://www.takemetoacircustent.net
"Craig Fenton knows so much about the J.A. and Family, I was asking him the questions."
Marty Balin July 2006.

"Take Me To A Circus Tent" is here. With many 5 star reviews already!! 93 photos 543 pages!
craigtheairplaneman

Postby Chasin'Destiny on Sun Jan 28, 2007 9:37 pm

Craig,

Stay with your dad as long as you can !
He is more important than anything else !
Your friends must understand that...

The best wishes from me...
Thnx 4 the book,is just great !!!...
Chasin'Destiny

Staying with dad

Postby craigtheairplaneman on Sun Jan 28, 2007 11:07 pm

Hi Chain' Destiny:

Thank you for the post! You are right the first priority is to be with dad. He isn't doing well and did not have a good last 24 hours.

Friends/book contacts have been very understanding that I want to do anything within reason for dad (As does my sister).

Have a great week and thank you for caring,
CF
Marty Balin July 2006.

craigtheairplaneman

Return to Jefferson Airplane Discussions