Appearences in movies?

Thoughts, ideas, memories, you name it! Share your favorite stories, albums, tracks and more.

Postby jimihendrix on Fri Apr 22, 2005 8:22 pm

YES WHATS THE NAME GOTTA HAVE THE MOVIE!!! sounds interesting:P
jimihendrix

Postby Grace on Tue May 03, 2005 12:33 am

jimihendrix wrote:YES WHATS THE NAME GOTTA HAVE THE MOVIE!!! sounds interesting:P

I know the damn movie...I just don't have a clue what's the name!!! :evil:
I 've seen it, it's awesome! I didn't check on info though :(
The Smashing Pumpkins
Grace

Postby frankbird on Tue May 10, 2005 1:21 pm

"The Doors Live in Europe" wasn't it? (I have it on a laserdisc at home but I am at work.)

Another really fun interview with Grace and Paul can be found on the DVD called "Stomping Ground" . It covers a rock festival in Holland back in the late 60's. JA plays two songs as well, but it's a pretty dark video and it looks like it was damn cold. Jack was still playing a Jazz Bass if that helps you date it. My copy was a Brazilian DVD I found on Ebay.
frankbird

Postby freakmeout on Sun Jul 31, 2005 5:51 am

Pooneil wrote: Because "Volunteers" was in Forrest Gump .

What scene?
They are extremely uncomfortable with the idea that I am a teenage girl in the body of a 60 year old career criminal who has already died 16 times...
freakmeout

Gump scene...

Postby jimmie ray on Mon Aug 01, 2005 5:16 am

I think the song "Volunteers" was playing when Forrest (Tom Hanks) got persuaded to join the hippie rally in Washington D.C..
"That's all I have to say about Vietnam"
"You said it all, man"
It's good times now - I can see the light!
jimmie ray

A Home At The End Of The World

Postby fat_taxi on Sat Aug 27, 2005 3:07 am

Colin Farrells character in A Home At The End Of The World is a huge Jefferson Airplane fan!
fat_taxi

Postby freakmeout on Wed Aug 31, 2005 10:50 am

One of my friends told me that Somebody to Love was in the Cable Guy.
They are extremely uncomfortable with the idea that I am a teenage girl in the body of a 60 year old career criminal who has already died 16 times...
freakmeout

Postby Whenheco on Wed Aug 31, 2005 11:13 am

freakmeout wrote:One of my friends told me that Somebody to Love was in the Cable Guy.

That's true, but Jim Carrey sings it. He does a pretty good job though. First he's rapping something about the Hells Angels at Altamont, and then he starts the song :)

Found some info about that Filmore movie also :
moviedatabase

Like mentioned before "Fear And loathing in Las Vegas" has some JA references. You see one of the main characters walking through the Matrix while a JE song is playing (think it was Somebody to Love). Also another person tries to commit suicide while listening to White Rabit (actualy very funy if you watch it).
The Great! Society Really Doesn't Like You Much At All.
Whenheco

Suicide no solution...

Postby jimmie ray on Fri Sep 02, 2005 4:01 am

Didn't Hunter Thompson, who wrote "Fear and Loathing", actually commit suicide? And I understand he was a JA fan? That all seems spooky to me, but I don't know much more than that about him...
I have to find that "Fillmore" film - the list of groups on it has me yearning to see and hear it! The local library does not have it - although they do have a few Woodstock films, Led Zep, and Pink Floyd - I think that's pretty cool!!!
It's good times now - I can see the light!
jimmie ray

Woodstock Appearances

Postby EllJay on Sat Sep 03, 2005 2:24 pm

JA appeared in both Woodstock the Movie and extra footage appeared in a recent(?) DVD release called Woodstock the Music. On this they do Somebody to Love and White Rabbit.
EllJay

Postby KharmaKreep on Wed Jan 11, 2006 3:28 pm

we should all send a letter to the head honsho dealing with JA stuff with all our names asking them to release everything they have from JA.

we will give them our guarantees to buy all the shit on a monthly plan....we will purchase at least one thing a month.

we should get as many people on this plan as we can to convince them of the worthiness of the cause.
If you only lived on earth....you'd never see the sun... or the promise of 1,000 other suns that glow beyond here.....and if you care to see the future...look into the eyes of your young dancing children don't be afraid of our ways!!
KharmaKreep

Postby Guest on Thu Jan 12, 2006 8:57 pm

Previous

Return to Jefferson Airplane Discussions